ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting article: OL target very impressed after visit

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Jay Jay McCargo has taken a lot of recruiting visits in the last year. But his trip to Pitt over the weekend was impressive enough to make the Panthers serious contenders for the Arlington (Va.) Bishop O'Connell offensive lineman.

"It was a really good visit," McCargo told Panther-Lair.com. "That was my very first time up there and I'm really glad I took the visit. I saw the facilities and got a tour of the campus and everything, and that was really good.

"One thing that really impressed me was that they have a lot of good people around the program with their support staff and their coaching staff. That was a really big thing for me and my dad."

McCargo's father is an interesting link between the three-star prospect and Pitt, since he was a college teammate of head coach Pat Narduzzi's when the two played football at Rhode Island. That connection drew Narduzzi's interest to McCargo in the last two years, and it is now working in the Panthers' favor.

"Coach Narduzzi had his eye on when he was at Michigan State because he played at Rhode Island with my dad, and that's how he heard about me and always kept his eye on me," McCargo said. "Then he brought that over to Pitt and I was one of the first guys they got on.

"Coach Narduzzi is a great guy, and he's different form other head coaches. I know how he really is, so I know that it's not just a selling pitch. I know that he's really cool that way."

Click the link below for more on McCargo's visit.

McCargo article

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News