ADVERTISEMENT

Retain the Roar

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
PSU has a player retention campaign going on. Just saw this new ad with an interesting slogan:

"They can have their eyes on our players but we can retain the roar."

Poor Penn State is being outbid for their own players? Huh?

Pierre was right. You are a closet Nitter!! Seriously, alot of their fans still believe it is about letter sweaters and malt milk shakes at the Creamery and "success with honor". They are behind the curve for NIL for a fanbase of that size.
This is pretty much it. Paterno spent 50 years indoctrinating that entire fanbase that players making money was an evil in college sports that Penn State stood against. As it turns out, those entrenched beliefs are pretty difficult to flip on their heads when players making money suddenly became legal.

Pierre was right. You are a closet Nitter!! Seriously, alot of their fans still believe it is about letter sweaters and malt milk shakes at the Creamery and "success with honor". They are behind the curve for NIL for a fanbase of that size.

My algorithm thinks so because I do get a lot of PSU & WVU articles and ads. Saturdays would be a lot less stressful if I could wake up, realize the team had guaranteed victory already by showing up because Illinois or Maryland or Minnesota was on the schedule. But life as a PSU football fan has to be so boring. There is no more predictable team in college football. Like they virtually have no chance to finish the regular season with a record any different than 10-2. Why even play it?

Jimmy Franklin actually seems like a perfect coach for the NIL era. He will probably jump ship soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT