ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds and transfers slamming Narduzzi

I gave you info that does not support false racial claims and does not support the hate you clearly have for PN. Show me where I said I support assault? Please tell us about the other crimes? After the alleged incident the kid was punished and suspended by PN. Once the kid got his final warning he blew it and was disciplined by PN as he was kicked off the team.
You said it wasn't murder, rape, or drugs.....so I presumed that's where you drew the line and was okay with assault.

Quit acting like you know what he meant by thug because you do not! Do you know if he called a white player a thug? No you don't. Do you know if he told a white player to cut his hair? No you do not!

I don't associate the word thug with race but rather violence.
I forgot to respond here.

It doesn't matter the race. He should not be calling ANY student athlete a thug.

Their parents did not send them a way to college to have a grown 50yr old man call them a thug just because he doesn't like the way they dress.

Your pathetic crusade continues with no one around you...all alone and bitter till the end! You think if there was anything here that this would not be blowing up....grow up and move out of your parents basement ( they really don't want you there)

It doesn't matter the race. He should not be calling ANY student athlete a thug.

Their parents did not send them a way to college to have a grown 50yr old man call them a thug just because he doesn't like the way they dress.

Your pathetic crusade continues with no one around you...all alone and bitter till the end! You think if there was anything here that this would not be blowing up....grow up and move out of your parents basement ( they really don't want you there)
And I'll stand alone, rather than being a jock rider.

This thread would've fizzled out along time ago, but the not so smart ones keep fueling the fire.

So, I'm hear for the fireworks. Let it burn, let it burn. :D

Y9cw3LP.png

PUT CEASE10 ON IGNORE!!!!! Your IQ will go up by leaps and bounds!!!!
Lol....u guys amuse me

I'll add my previous response.

AGAIN....show me where any other player, coach, or even Narduzzi himself has refuted Reynolds comments.

The burden of proof is on Reynolds, not the accused. That's how it works. You can't go accusing someone of doing something and use the argument you're trying to use. Well, he didn't say he didn't do it. You're just being silly now.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
The burden of proof is on Reynolds, not the accused. That's how it works. You can't go accusing someone of doing something and use the argument you're trying to use. Well, he didn't say he didn't do it. You're just being silly now.
What world do you live in? You still living in the 70s or 80s?

The damage has been done. The internet is FOREVER. His reputation is stained.

I don't think the man is a racist, but in this day and age you don't let allegations be made without responding. Especially when racial tensions are at the forefront in this country.

Say nothing and the narrative will be written for you by others and it may not be good.

In terms of the word "thug"...

Who in here has ever been in a locker room in say the past 10-20 years?

I've been in locker rooms as a player, an assistant coach, and as a head coach almost my entire life.

Language varies from player to player, coach to player, and coach to coach. Some of it can be very ugly.

In the last 10 years, I've been the minority in terms of race for the teams I've coached every single year except one. THe majority of teams I've coached have been 98% players of color.

I've heard my players' parents call their kids "thug" more times than not when they've done something they shouldn't have. I've heard my players' parents say things at games in PUBLIC that you wouldn't repeat in private. I've heard my players regularly use language among themselves that many would be offended by. It's not uncommon language in this setting. The word "thug" is tame compared to what I've heard. We reprimand it when it gets out of hand. But, to pretend it's not normal among African American student athletes is completely naive.

Context is key here. We have no clue if it was ever said or if it was how was it used.

I used it last year when I saw film of a team we don't play. I saw a player from a team remove the helmet of another high school kid and proceed to bash his head into the turf. That team recently left the WPIAL. If you don't think that is "thug" behavior, I don't know what is?

I've had black coaches of mine tell players to tuck their shirts in because we aren't a bunch of "thugs."

What world do you live in? You still living in the 70s or 80s?

The damage has been done. The internet is FOREVER. His reputation is stained.

I don't think the man is a racist, but in this day and age you don't let allegations be made without responding. Especially when racial tensions are at the forefront in this country.

Say nothing and the narrative will be written for you by others and it may not be good.

So in your world you have to respond anytime someone says something about you on Twitter? Most people wouldn't respond to nonsense.

In terms of the word "thug"...

Who in here has ever been in a locker room in say the past 10-20 years?

I've been in locker rooms as a player, an assistant coach, and as a head coach almost my entire life.

Language varies from player to player, coach to player, and coach to coach. Some of it can be very ugly.

In the last 10 years, I've been the minority in terms of race for the teams I've coached every single year except one. THe majority of teams I've coached have been 98% players of color.

I've heard my players' parents call their kids "thug" more times than not when they've done something they shouldn't have. I've heard my players' parents say things at games in PUBLIC that you wouldn't repeat in private. I've heard my players regularly use language among themselves that many would be offended by. It's not uncommon language in this setting. The word "thug" is tame compared to what I've heard. We reprimand it when it gets out of hand. But, to pretend it's not normal among African American student athletes is completely naive.

Context is key here. We have no clue if it was ever said or if it was how was it used.

I used it last year when I saw film of a team we don't play. I saw a player from a team remove the helmet of another high school kid and proceed to bash his head into the turf. That team recently left the WPIAL. If you don't think that is "thug" behavior, I don't know what is?

I've had black coaches of mine tell players to tuck their shirts in because we aren't a bunch of "thugs."
You are correct. Context and the cultural environment you are in play a big factor. Different people can say different things if they are considered one of the crew. The N...... word and another name for a female dog are what you were alluding to.

Reactions: steelcurtain55.

Sticks and stones

I'm with you.

The timing of these players' tweets about Narduzzi are suspect at a time when there is unrest in our country. To live in society today a person can do 100 things great but all it takes is 1 misunderstanding of interpretation and that person's reputation takes a hit regardless of them being innocent. Totally unreal how people hide behind keyboards and spew their BS. H2P!

Reactions: joeypitt and 4upmc
This whole thug topic is silly
It’s naive to believe folks don’t use thug with racial implications

if the only context was ACTUAL CRIMINAL ACTIVITY -
You’d have a point
But that’s not how it’s commonly used and certainly not how coaches use it to speak to black players

So stop it

I can’t speak for everyone else; I know I used it in the context of violent criminal activity. As I said previous, those ANTIFA weasels are the biggest thugs of all. Most are young white college kids. On many videos shows many Africa-Americans (some are BLM members) stopping these hoods from creating havoc.

I believe that most people don’t equate the word “thug” with a racial slur. Now Wikipedia is not the greatest reference when it comes to info, but they don’t even have “thug” listed as a racial slur.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

My question is, what word are we using today that will be labeled a racial slur tomorrow?

The timing of these players' tweets about Narduzzi are suspect at a time when there is unrest in our country. To live in society today a person can do 100 things great but all it takes is 1 misunderstanding of interpretation and that person's reputation takes a hit regardless of them being innocent. Totally unreal how people hide behind keyboards and spew their BS. H2P!
Nah....now is the time to speak up and speak out against these issues. Far too long folks have stayed quiet in order to not make it uncomfortable.

It's time now to have the uncomfortable conversations.

If anyone has an issue with it, then you're part of the problem.

Nah....now is the time to speak up and speak out against these issues. Far too long folks have stayed quiet in order to not make it uncomfortable.

You forgot one key word. INTELLIGENT, Uncomfortable Conversations. Talking to someone who is just trying to stir the pot is pointless.

Last edited:
Reactions: pierre93

Well I'm glad to hear that your such an authority about all this.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
You have to remember they're kids and they're hurting. That video was horrific; I couldn't watch the whole thing. They have been speaking out and they want some support. No throwing people under the bus is not right I agree but you have plenty of adults who behave similar or worse.

You have to remember they're kids and they're hurting. That video was horrific; I couldn't watch the whole thing. They have been speaking out and they want some support. No throwing people under the bus is not right I agree but you have plenty of adults who behave similar or worse.
Kids are not kids anymore, they know exactly what they're doing. Agree that adults behave like kids too but the timing of their tweets were very suspect for this particular instance. We might be talking about different topics.

I can’t speak for everyone else; I know I used it in the context of violent criminal activity. As I said previous, those ANTIFA weasels are the biggest thugs of all. Most are young white college kids. On many videos shows many Africa-Americans (some are BLM members) stopping these hoods from creating havoc.

I believe that most people don’t equate the word “thug” with a racial slur. Now Wikipedia is not the greatest reference when it comes to info, but they don’t even have “thug” listed as a racial slur.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

My question is, what word are we using today that will be labeled a racial slur tomorrow?
Dude
Quick question - why do you think it’s antifa disrupting the protest with violence ?
Who would actually like a government crackdown in response from these actions?

It’s seems very suspicious that trump and Barr instantly categorize this as left wing extremists -

this has false flag written all over it

Reactions: franklinman
I'm sorry. I'm late to game. Reynolds is mad

1) Because he was told to not wear his hat backwards while in uniform.
2) He was told to stay in uniform with everybody else and not wear a hoodie under the workout uniform. He stated he was mad because it was cold outside. Now he is mad because it was because he is black?
3) Narduzzi used the word thug. A word used in many ways to describe many groups in sports, life and even entertainment.
4) Narduzzi didn't address the team properly even though he is not part of the team through a mutual agreement to move along even though everybody knows he was shown the door.

His fifteen minutes of fame will be up soon. It's always the guy out the door that claims they were wrong. I would have more respect for him if he stood up and admitted he did not have what it takes to be successful in division I football. He lacked the intensity, athleticism and discipline to play consistently at the highest level. I learned a lesson in life about not burning bridges because of my own failures. It appears he is getting a crash course

Reactions: oldpanther
You are correct. Context and the cultural environment you are in play a big factor. Different people can say different things if they are considered one of the crew. The N...... word and another name for a female dog are what you were alluding to.

You and Steel are 100% correct. As you said..."different people can
say different things if they are considered one of the crew." I know
this is a football board, but my experience was as a college basketball
player. As white guys we heard the N word used over and over. Heard
it said in humor, in anger, as a bonding term among team mates, and
as a derisive term against opponents. All of this was black players using
it with and against other black players. As a white player, we white dudes
knew better to even utter the word. We were not "one of the crew." The
N word was hands off for us white guys....we knew it and our black team
mates knew it. It was an unwritten rule, but one accepted and understood.
So with that said, I totally get it when I hear that some people see the
word "thug" as a racial insult.
I don't subscribe to the "it's all political correctness" viewpoint. If it's
hurtful to a group of people, then shut the f... up, and don't use it. It
doesn't take rocket science to understand this.

Last edited:
Twitter got a bit ugly for Pitt football tonight with mistreatment claims being made by a few former players that transferred out of the program recently. Motivated by sour grapes or not, it’s a bad look in the current times that the staff and school will probably need to acknowledge and respond. Reynolds, Street, and Morgan have all jumped in to slam Narduzzi and the Pitt coaches. Weaver came strongly to the staff’s defense. Other current players have been quiet so far.
Oh I am a snowflake my coach said something mean to me. What am I going to do? They don’t have Yelp for football programs.

You and Steel are 100% correct. As you said..."different people can
say different things if they are considered one of the crew." I know
this is a football board, but my experience was as a college basketball
player. As white guys we heard the N word used over and over. Heard
it said in humor, in anger, as a bonding term among team mates, and
as a derisive term against opponents. All of this was black players using
it with and against other black players. As a white player, we white dudes
knew better to even utter the word. We were not "one of the crew." The
N word was hands off for us white guys....we knew it and our black team
mates knew it. It was an unwritten rule, but one accepted and understood.
So with that said, I totally get it when I hear that some people see the
word "thug" as a racial insult.
I don't subscribe to the "it's all political correctness" viewpoint.If it's
hurtful to a group of people, then shut the f... up, and don't use it. It
doesn't take rocket science to understand this.

This post gets it totally. Nothing else needs to be said.

Dude
Quick question - why do you think it’s antifa disrupting the protest with violence ?
Who would actually like a government crackdown in response from these actions?

It’s seems very suspicious that trump and Barr instantly categorize this as left wing extremists -

this has false flag written all over it

why do you think it’s antifa disrupting the protest with violence ? There is no leadership structure. Most of these idiots are free lancing anarchist...

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/us/unmasking-antifa-anti-fascists-hard-left/index.html

Who would actually like a government crackdown in response from these actions? Protesters are fine. It's America and you have a right to be heard. There should be a crackdown on violence, property damage, etc...

why do you think it’s antifa disrupting the protest with violence ? There is no leadership structure. Most of these idiots are free lancing anarchist...

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/us/unmasking-antifa-anti-fascists-hard-left/index.html

Who would actually like a government crackdown in response from these actions? Protesters are fine. It's America and you have a right to be heard. There should be a crackdown on violence, property damage, etc...
Right but when old abandoned cop cars are left out .
When they are literally not interacting with the actual protestors

it begs the question - are these staged for a reason ?

Right but when old abandoned cop cars are left out .
When they are literally not interacting with the actual protestors

it begs the question - are these staged for a reason ?

I don't know. All I know is that if they were placed there, these hoods took the bait. The cops need to do better in many ways...

I don't know. All I know is that if they were placed there, these hoods took the bait. The cops need to do better in many ways...

They do. As there are most certainly agitators and violence coming from “both sides”. And right now they need to stop with the rhetoric. The AG just getting up and blaming it on leftists is silly at best. But everything is now politicized.

Some on the right are posing as being on the left. And I’m certain the reverse happens as well. Shut up until the facts are known.

They do. As there are most certainly agitators and violence coming from “both sides”. And right now they need to stop with the rhetoric. The AG just getting up and blaming it on leftists is silly at best. But everything is now politicized.

Some on the right are posing as being on the left. And I’m certain the reverse happens as well. Shut up until the facts are known.
Wouldn't it be great if EVERYONE just shut up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT