ADVERTISEMENT

River City Rivalry is coming back

Still not official, but seems the only rumer out there right now for Pitt futures.

Should not come as a surprise...as you may recall Pitt does not have an AD at the moment. Frankly, it is a little surprising that Pitt is in discussions with any schools relating to future schedules considering there is no AD. My guess is that these were discussions that began prior the Steve emancipation. Hail to Pitt!

Originally posted by thebadby2:
pathetic.
Why?

Going forward, Pitt's schedule is going to be:

8 ACC games
1 Power 5 OOC game (ND every 2-3 years)
1 Power 5 OOC game or semi-interesting G5 team (Cincy, Marshall, Navy, Temple, UCF, USF, etc)
1 low-level G5 game (MAC) or semi-interesting G5 team
1 1-AA team

Originally posted by thebadby2:
pathetic.
Why is it pathetic? this likely taking the place of what would be a MAC game under the old scheduling philosophy. Would you rather play Cincy or Akron?

Since Cincy is not in a major conference it does not count as our ACC-required Power Conference matchup

Hope it is true and could be additional games, esp if Cincinnati could move up to P5 by then. I liked those games and it's a good road game trip.

Your article is 6 months old

Originally posted by Sean Miller Fan:

Pitt and Cincy close to agreeing to a home and home for 2023 and 2024.
If it was "close" as you say, shouldn't something have been announced since the article was 6 months ago?

Re: Your article is 6 months old

I don't mind this. And I agree that Cincy will be a power 5 team by then.

Re: Your article is 6 months old

Originally posted by Slag Dump:

I don't mind this. And I agree that Cincy will be a power 5 team by then.
I don't mind the match-up either, but the OP needs to come up with something better than a 6-month old story he says will happen soon.

I guess I see your point--it beats a MAC or D1AA opponent. I just hate that the powers that be tried to manufacture this crappy joke of a "rivalry" since we lost our two 100 year rivals.

This is one of Sean's posts which is much ado about nothing. Until we get the new AD.

That article is very short on substance, and does not suggest who is having (or had) those discussions. It is possible that those discussions were initiated by the previous AD, and now are on hold. It is also possible that someone else in Athletics is currently having these discussions.

Regardless, this is a Cincinnati publication, so the source is more than likely someone from Cincinnati, not Pitt, which makes me skeptical of the immence of an agreement. Whether there is an ability for someone in Athletics to actually sign this contract at this point is speculative. More than likley it would have to be signed by our acting AD, or someone else in the higher administration. Thus, I'd take any speculation of future games with a heavy dose of skeptism until we have a formal AD in place, as I find it unlikely that anyone is going to be agreeing to games that far in the future at this point since there is no urgency to fill the schedule now.

I would think this will be one of the first priorities of the new AD.
Several other teams have scheduled multiple future ooc series.
Pitt still seems behind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT