ADVERTISEMENT

Article Secretive or uncertain? Narduzzi stays mum on quarterback situation

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Pat Narduzzi wasn’t trying to be coy or secretive during his weekly press conference on Monday when he declined to share details on the short-term plans for Pitt’s quarterback position.

Or so he claimed.

The uncertainty stems from starter Phil Jurkovec having left Saturday night’s loss to North Carolina at the end of the first half due to injury. Jurkovec never returned to the sideline for the second half, and redshirt sophomore Christian Veilleux finished the 41-24 loss to the Tar Heels.

On Monday, Narduzzi had no interest in providing an update on Jurkovec’s health, and he wouldn’t even go so far as to say who will be taking first-team reps in practice this week.

While it’s not unlike Narduzzi to keep things close to the vest, his lack of clarification on the quarterback situation might have stemmed from a lack of information rather than the typical caginess.

"I don't know,” he said. “It's only Monday. Maybe Thursday I'll have a better idea for you. Still might not tell you, but I'll know more by Thursday, for sure.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News