ADVERTISEMENT

Snoop dogg arizona bowl

I have no idea why the schools dont take control of bowl season and stop outsourcing it. Why do they need the middle man? The schools can rent a stadium out and play a bowl game called the Tucson Bowl and keep all the money.
Because Athletic Departments stink at actual event marketing, planning and ticketing. If your idea came to fruition, it wouldn’t take a week before IMG and the other big players in the college space were the ones running the games.

I have no idea why the schools dont take control of bowl season and stop outsourcing it. Why do they need the middle man? The schools can rent a stadium out and play a bowl game called the Tucson Bowl and keep all the money.
So how does the NCAA members make more money by firing the non profit organizations and volunteers who put on theses bowl games?

So how does the NCAA members make more money by firing the non profit organizations and volunteers who put on theses bowl games?

Non-profit organizations? I dont know if you are being sarcastic but the only reason bowls are non-profits is because they pay several employees millions of dollars to work a few days a year. Its a scam.

Non-profit organizations? I dont know if you are being sarcastic but the only reason bowls are non-profits is because they pay several employees millions of dollars to work a few days a year. Its a scam.

I think there are some legitimate reasons for these bowl games to bring people and money to a city, but yeah, these dolts love to use their bowl game expense account to fly around pretending to be evaluating teams when they already know who they will select. Like, does anyone believe that Joe Schmuckwad from the Gator Bowl is actually considering Pitt? Or did the just want to take a trip to Pittsburgh to watch Pitt host Miami, take in a Succos game and feed his face with some free food?

I think there are some legitimate reasons for these bowl games to bring people and money to a city, but yeah, these dolts love to use their bowl game expense account to fly around pretending to be evaluating teams when they already know who they will select.

And I say it all the time that the bowl game CEO's care about 2 things and 2 things only:

1. TV ratings
2. Tickets sold

They dont get a cut of the hotel rooms or food purchases. The bowl exists only to make the CEO and a few other employees as much money as possible.

And I say it all the time that the bowl game CEO's care about 2 things and 2 things only:

1. TV ratings
2. Tickets sold

They dont get a cut of the hotel rooms or food purchases. The bowl exists only to make the CEO and a few other employees as much money as possible.

You can probably find their bowl non profit org 990 tax documents to see how many some of these clowns are paid.

Previously the Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl. We could probably collect some spare funds and sponsor the PantherLair Arizona Bowl next year… Todd Graham does the coin flip. :oops:

Reactions: ratking17

1. TV ratings
2. Tickets sold

Why are you constantly surprised that people twist things to turn a profit?

You obviously have no clue. You do realize the highest paid employee of the rose bowl their CEO made $387,657. One bowl CEO made $67,000. Only two bowl employees made over $1
Million. That was the CEO for the Gator and Cotton bowls. They work far more than a few days a year. They work year round and often run smaller events through the year.

You obviously have no clue. You do realize the highest paid employee of the rose bowl their CEO made $387,657. One bowl CEO made $67,000. Only two bowl employees made over $1
Million. That was the CEO for the Gator and Cotton bowls. They work far more than a few days a year. They work year round and often run smaller events through the year.

Lol. The Gator Bowl CEO made over $1 million? For what exactly? You could chop of 80% of that salary and pay someone who would d the same job, and then they'd have more for charity. Bowl game execs shouldn't get paid more than the CEO of the Red Cross. Fn ridiculous. But these guys give one another high paying jobs, so it's not likely to change. Scotty Barns anyone?

Last edited:

Those bowl games and the other events they run throughout the year such as 5K races or food pantry collection could be run by volunteers. It is the easiest high six figure/7 figure job in the world and that's not an exaggeration. Its 1 game. Its a total scam and the NCAA should not be outsourcing their regular season to make bowl CEO's rich. Not to mention that these bowl CEO's pick teams solely due to ticket sales not merit because that's more money for them. People are fine with this because its a long-standing practice but it makes no logical sense. Its the post-season. Bids should be based on merit, not ticket sales. If the NCAA ran its own post-season they could set it up so like ACC 3 could play Big 12 3 in some decent bowl game even if its BC vs UCF.

I'm all for the Snoop Dog bowl. Tremendous. Epic. But it's also funny that a known pimp and drug dealer can be the title sponsor for a Bowl game, but other people get cancelled for like sharing memes on Twitter. Wild times.

I think the boards for these bowls are likely the local sports and exhibition authorities where they exist, as well as tourism boards, folks from the local hospitality sector as well as politicos. It seems to me that these folks have a pretty tough gig herding everyone into the same direction to get a big event done. There are always exceptions but I doubt most of the folks involved with these events have much of an opportunity to use it as a scam. They are fairly public and transparent affairs I doubt some of the guys in this thread know what goes into planning a kids birthday party let alone a multi-million dollar event that involves maybe hundreds of thousands of people across multiple economic sectors in large metro areas.

I think the boards for these bowls are likely the local sports and exhibition authorities where they exist, as well as tourism boards, folks from the local hospitality sector as well as politicos. It seems to me that these folks have a pretty tough gig herding everyone into the same direction to get a big event done. There are always exceptions but I doubt most of the folks involved with these events have much of an opportunity to use it as a scam. They are fairly public and transparent affairs I doubt some of the guys in this thread know what goes into planning a kids birthday party let alone a multi-million dollar event that involves maybe hundreds of thousands of people across multiple economic sectors in large metro areas.

Its legal so its not a scam. I'm saying that its incredibly easy to put on one game per year for a high six to seven figure salary. The games exist ONLY to make a few people associated with the bowls rich. That's the only reason.

Its like this. Let's say I start a non-profit and pay myself $1 million/year as CEO. The charity generates $1.2 million in revenue.
The extra $200K goes to a good cause so I am actually doing SOME good. But the charity exists solely to make me rich. That's the model for bowl games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT