ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers Place James Conner Into Concussion Protocol

Less mass= more flexibility. The weight loss will be probably be a good thing long term.

DjTBONrWwAUb9EG.jpg:large

Reactions: pitt-girl
Running back James Conner explains his mean mullet heading into his second camp with the Steelers. pic.twitter.com/IE7jtpGdQE— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) July 26, 2018

Make one miss, make two miss, and @JamesConner_ is gooonnnneeee. To. The. House. during 11-on-11 team run drills. #dkps #Steelers pic.twitter.com/BwNKQs0UHF— Matty Sunday (@mattsunday) July 30, 2018

pic.twitter.com/XJpQ2XTdXT— SecondGenSteele (@el_cheeseman) July 30, 2018

He looks a lot smaller than he was during his Pitt days.

I really hope he has a good, long career.
It's looking that way with the Le'Veon Bell situation. He'll certainly be rusty the first few weeks, possibly allowing Conner to get more carries as they work Bell back into the lineup. After this season, you have to think he'll have an opportunity to audition for the starting job. Very excited for James. A true, proud Pitt Man.

Reactions: freddietee511
With Le'Veon Bell out, James Conner has been the best running back in Steelers camp. Looks like a different player than a year ago. In goal-line work, Conner made a diving catch in the corner of the end zone against tight coverage.

Jeremy Fowler, ESPN Staff Writer

Reactions: Jpripper88
who else is ready to watch James run over some people tonight? I am ready to see this new leaner James work. Plus, we get the added Panther bonus of watching Henderson return some kicks.

Hopefully it is a fun night for us fans.

Reactions: Jpripper88
who else is ready to watch James run over some people tonight? I am ready to see this new leaner James work. Plus, we get the added Panther bonus of watching Henderson return some kicks.

Hopefully it is a fun night for us fans.

Don't tune in late. I'd be surprised if he is playing beyond the first series or two as long as Bell isn't in camp.

Good first series for Conner. His first carry went for about 7, off of a nice cut back. If he wasn't triped up it would've been a huge run. Then it took an army to bring James down after he caught a screen on 3rd down.

Very encouraging.

Conner can run for 1000 yards if he learns how to block. He won't get enough PT if his pass blocking doesn't improve big time though.

JC and Touissant both looked legit.
Oline took a step back last year imo. Still one of the better ones but getting old soon.
Secondary still worries me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT