ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Morning Musings

pitt82

Freshman
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2001
Sitting in my hotel room with my morning coffee contemplating what to write about, or not to write about. Here goes nothing:

1. I usually take awhile to recover from losses but not today because i thought the Panthers not only put up an enourmous fight in the face of adversity but I also realize that this team will bounce back. Its built welll, its foundation is solid.

2. No doubt in my mind that if Slovis doesn‘t get hurt we win this game easily especially with the defense holding Tenn to 3 points in the second half. Slovis had nearly 200 yards passing in the first half even though he was under duress quite a bit. His receivers did him no favors either with key drops everywhere.

3. Physically ill watching Jordan Addison last night. Yeah hes special but whatever.

4. We can debate long and hard on why Slovis is going back to pass late in the first half. I mean you can’t assume injuries but sack fumble 3 points for Tenn. Bad game management by the coaching staff especially since they were getting the kickoff in the second half.

5. How close is winning and losing? Jared Wayne comeback catch is maybe less than inch out of bounds. 1st down and goal from the 5 In OT instead it’s a prayer. Btw Means was wide open on the slant on last play if he can catch it he might score. On the blocked punt it’s a clear path to the end zone if two Pitt players dont bump each other and go out of bounds.

6. ND Wow. Texas A&M horrible. Duke? Really. Scott Frost is done.

7. The most disappointing thing about the first two games has been the blitz pickups and the play of the offensive line. Yesterday they were better but still they missed several blitzed that really put big hits on Slovis. They did open up a huge hole on the Izzy run. And I really thought that Cignetti wanted to shorten the game by running repeadly into 8 man boxes.

8. How was that a TD catch when receiver went out of bounds? And how many times did ref say “There is no” after he threw a flag in favor of Pitt. But refs ultimately had little bearing on the game although had we not scored a TD late I would have said otherwise because the hold on Wayne was awful.

9. You think Gavin needs to get the ball more or what? what an athletic play by the big man.

10. By the hit it appears that Slovis has a collarbone issue. Just a guess. Could be a while. And Patti was visibly limping during the game. if both can’t go then wee might have issues.

11. In my section I had two of the most obnoxious Tenn fans. One kept flipping the double bird every time Pitt did anything and another kept on holding his crotch and yelling obscenaties with kids right there. Even a fellow Vol fan came up to him and told him to STFU he was so offended by his behavior.

12. I was not a fan of going for it in the second half inside the 30. I think you take the points but understand the decision. Of course in retrospect who knows if Sauls makes it. He had a really bad day. Even the one he made was a duck. Should be on a short leach.

13. I just wish that Bates would bracket or double a wr. I know that’s not our scheme but it‘s obvious no one in our secondary was covering Tillman make Hooker go to another target.

14. You block a punt,, you recover a muffed punt and you cause them to fumble the ball and you still lose. Why? Cause your red zone efficiency was not good. Itll get better. This team has too many weapons not too.

15. RIP Coach Cignetti. Our OC coached with a heavy heart. Also too early to discuss the offensive philosophy and play calling.

16. I think this is a 10 win team maybe better but Im assuming Slovis doesn’t miss a lot of time. I think Patti is serviceable but doesn’t have the arm talent of Slovis. It will be an anxious week If they have to get a third stringer ready for a road game.

Pitt82

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News