ADVERTISEMENT

#TBT - When the Steelers played at PITT Stadium...

Geez, look at all those people in the stands, where did they all park and tailgate?

Geez, look at all those people in the stands, where did they all park and tailgate?
They parked cars like this! No leaving early back then.
tumblr_mc3wd6wDJb1rr5swxo1_1280.jpg

Wow, a great crowd. If Layne was playing and they had the great crowd that had to be about '62. Wasn't that when the Stillers made that second place bowl that was the booby prize for teams that almost made the NFL championship game?? I attended one Stiller game at Pitt stadium in '69. sat in the endzone for a buck. My Dad loved the left field bleachers at Forbes for a buck too! The game I went to was Stillers v Redskins. Hanratty started for the first time I think that game. Wanna say Sonny Jurgenson played for the Skins that day. Some kid named Bleier came out at half time for recognition after being wounded in Vietnam. Walked to mid field with a cane.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Very limited if any tailgating. Most f the cars are down over the hill. Would you walk on a 10 degree day. I know your answer because you are behind a screen
Why would you assume that? I have walked far longer in colder.

But really, this is a weird comment from out of the blue. It’s not my fault there was no tailgating. Take it up with some people who died long ago.

Last edited:
As a youngster in the sixties, my dad took me to see the Steelers play Green Bay, Chicago and New York. The Chicago game stands out to me because Gayle Sayers ran the opening kickoff back for a touchdown. Also the goal posts were on the goal line. Actually there was one singular post about two yards in the end zone that supported the goal posts. I don’t remember what year the NFL moved the goal posts back 10 yards but food lord was it dangerous having that post in the way of 22 players

Bayard I was at the Steelers-Chicago game.My First football game ever. Recall Sayers ran opening kickoff back a 100 yards, but Steelers worn by a score of 42-14 ( something like that).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT