ADVERTISEMENT

The 2022 Panther-Lair.com Spring Game fantasy challenge - who wants to play?

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
The Blue-Gold Game is set for Saturday at Heinz Field, so let's bring back the Panther-Lair.com Spring Game fantasy challenge. This has been a lot of fun in the past, and here's how it goes:

This is a head-to-head fantasy football game based on Pitt's spring game. Everyone who wants to participate will get placed into a head-to-head matchup, and there will be a separate draft within that matchup. So if me and Jim are matched up, we'll have a draft - just me and him going back and forth until we have filled out our rosters. Each matchup draft will be a thread on the board, which I will post Thursday afternoon. Once the matchup draft threads are posted, the two players in each matchup have until the spring game starts to complete their rosters. Any teams that don't have a full roster will play with the guys they've drafted by the start of the spring game.

We'll be drafting for the following positions:

QB
RB
WR
WR
TE
Flex (RB, WR or TE)
DL
DL
LB
LB
DB
DB
K
Team defense (Blue or Gold)

The scoring will be as follows:

- 6 points for rushing, receiving or passing touchdowns
- 1 point for 10 rushing or receiving yards
- 1 point for 25 passing yards
- 1 point for 1 reception
- 0.5 points for 1 tackle
- 1 point for 1 tackle for loss
- 2 points for 1 sack
- 3 points for 1 forced fumble
- 3 points for 1 recovered fumble
- 3 points for 1 interception
- 1 point for 1 PAT
- 3 points for 1 field goal (any distance)
- Team defense scoring:
- 10 points for 0 points allowed; 7 points for 3-10 points allowed; 4 points for 11-20 points allowed; 3 points for 21-30 points allowed; 0 points for 31+ allowed
- 1 point for 1 sack
- 2 points for 1 turnover (fumble or interception)

We'll use Pitt's official stats to calculate the scores, and I'll handle all of that.

Reply to this thread if you want to participate, and we'll get the matchups posted Thursday afternoon. Have fun and good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News