ADVERTISEMENT

The ACC problem

Absolutely. Of course they were. But who did they beat? What stands out about there resume that says they should be in the tourney?

They still couldn't beat UNC or Clemson. They lost to terrible Miami team. The only decent wins were against bubble teams like UVA & Wake. There's a 91-58 loss to Wake mixed in there too.
I can forgive the Miami loss. It was the third of three consecutive road games. Two tough road wins (Duke and GT) and Miami hadn't imploded as yet, at that moment

Absolutely. Of course they were. But who did they beat? What stands out about there resume that says they should be in the tourney?

They still couldn't beat UNC or Clemson. They lost to terrible Miami team. The only decent wins were against bubble teams like UVA & Wake. There's a 91-58 loss to Wake mixed in there too.
Sorry, but you're wrong. The MWC was like Swiss cheese and big10 is still overrated. Pitt would've easily been in the Sweet 16. You're just like the committee in making your own set of rules etc.

Sorry, but you're wrong. The MWC was like Swiss cheese and big10 is still overrated. Pitt would've easily been in the Sweet 16. You're just like the committee in making your own set of rules etc.
Pitt most certainly would not have EASILY been in the Sweet 16. That's a ridiculous statement.

The NCAA tournament is a flawed system with major bias. Certain conferences and teams get catered to. No way should these smaller conferences deserve automatic bids.

The ACC proves year in and year out that it’s one of the best, if not the best basketball conference by beating other teams head to head. The MWC and the Big 12 didn’t deserve a combined 14 bids. The ACC proved on the court that they deserved more than 5 bids and Pitt had 6 quality wins. NC St (2), WF (2), Duke, and UVA.

Well, apparently - to you - every game has an "at stake" situation. Look, Pitt did not get into the tournament. I get it and I've gotten past that. Now that NC State is on a roll, the wins we had vs them are/were significant. To Pitt fans. To the players.
Yeah considering it's a Pitt message board and all. He's just a troll as well some others on here. Typical PITA

The committee had nothing to do with Pitt losing on their home court to a team that went 0-19 in the SEC.

And yet after that game, Mizzou was 2-0 vs P6 teams. Their SEC record is meaningless for 2 reasons:

1. The committee literally doesn't consider conference record. Its a Q3 loss. You'd like to not have that Q3 loss but all bubble teams have Q3 losses. FAU had 2 Q4s and Temple 2 spots away from Q4

2. The SEC was the best conference

Reactions: SteelBowl70
@ Duke
@ UVa
@ NC St
Wake
Wake
NC St

Never been a P6 team left out with 7 road wins

Great metrics

Eye test

No brainer. Shouldn't even been in Dayton.

To overcome where Pitt was at the end of January, that's weak.

Are you seriously trying to make the argument that UVA, Wake, or NCSU were anything other than mediocre?

Last edited:
To overcome where Pitt was at the end of January, that's weak.

Pitt didnt need to "overcome" anything. They look at the whole season. Those are better wins than UVa had. You want me to do UVa's?

@ Clem
Florida neutral
Texas A&M
Wake
NC St

That's weak! And if you even say 2 of those are non-con so they count more, I am going to lose my mind

Power of the media and conferences pay them to build up certain ones. Corrupt

The ACC and ESPN are business partners. They should not be having Lunardi and others bash the ACC. CBS has the MWC contract and you have those guys jerking off to the MWC. "The most exciting league in college basketball" is what Matt Norlander called it. No cap.

Pitt didnt need to "overcome" anything. They look at the whole season. Those are better wins than UVa had. You want me to do UVa's?

@ Clem
Florida neutral
Texas A&M
Wake
NC St

That's weak! And if you even say 2 of those are non-con so they count more, I am going to lose my mind

Im not arguing Virginia should have been in the tournament. I don't think they should have.

Funny you bring up Virginia. UVA's incompetence is the main reason a lot of Pitt fans think they should be in the tournament, and the ONLY reason NC State is in the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT