ADVERTISEMENT

"The BIG Rumor"...............

Yes, but he'll probably grow into a DE.

There are all sorts of stories flying around. There are rumors that Shaka Toney, Aaron Matthews and Hudson are on campus. There are stories that Campbell is at PSU and Pine is at VT. There was a story that Maurice Ffrench was at PSU, but that turned out to be false..
Pine is being recruited specifically to play OLB in Duzzi's D, he's a speed athlete and right now is a little under weight for OLB. Point being is you're wrong that he will "probably grow into a DE". That is most assuredly not the plan for hm. Weaver is a true DE. Apples and oranges. The coaches want Pine badly, that's very obvious. Hope he sticks.

People seem to be taking Hamlin's commit for granted. I think that's a mistake.

What's up with Camp? Not hearing much on that front lately.

Hopefully we can keep em all, but there is bound to be some weird and disappointing $hit that goes down by LOI day. Maybe a nice surprise or two as well. Who knows. We won't be the only ones dealing with it, that's for sure. .

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Pine is being recruited specifically to play OLB in Duzzi's D, he's a speed athlete and right now is a little under weight for OLB. Point being is you're wrong that he will "probably grow into a DE". That is most assuredly not the plan for hm. Weaver is a true DE. Apples and oranges. The coaches want Pine badly, that's very obvious. Hope he sticks.

What's up with Camp? Not hearing much on that front lately.

Hopefully we can keep em all, but there is bound to be some weird and disappointing $hit that goes down by LOI day. Maybe a nice surprise or two as well. Who knows. We won't be the only ones dealing with it, that's for sure. .

Of course this is all with a grain of salt at this point but Vuk think Camp will be coming to Pitt.

People here are way too confident in Pitt landing Hamlin. They're setting themselves up for a really crappy week.

Hamlin takes jabs at Pitt on Twitter and Pitt fans are like, "He's just teasing us.. he doesn't really mean that." That's UPS-level spin right there.

Meanwhile, he joins the Nitters in ridiculing players that decommit from UPS. Anybody see that?

Oh, and... he's also Urban Meyer's top remaining priority. That's worth mentioning again.

Is that a creative way to say Hamlin is going to OSU? You've already made your opinion on this clear multiple times. Give it a rest
Creative? With competitors andall around them ready to pounce on any mistake and the number of players who go thru there, OSU doesn't strike me as being nearly as stupid as the post to which you responded.
And Meyer is a guy people love to hate...winners usually are hated. But they are also subject to high scrutiny. Which tells me one of two things are at work. Either the transgressions, if any, are so minor they aren't worth getting ones undies in a bunch OR no one is willing to reveal anything that OSU is doing for fear of having the light shown on them. Brings to mind a certain Pitt hoopster of just a few years back pulling up to the Field House in a cream Escalade.
Creative way? Nah...
But the bright side is that we are competing with OSU for players. They had 14 declare for the draft...something like 8 early including a 1st round corner. Face facts: competing with a true blue blood is far better than getting scraps from their table.
PC would never have been able to do that here. PN is far more confident about Pitt.....thank God!

PSU has zero buzz on recruiting. The wheels have come off with the many distractions and changes. Both for Pitt and PSU, results on the field are critical. Pitt for upgrading recruiting talent and the nits for the big turn around. After watching Narduzzi and his coaching and expectations, pretty clear Pitt gets it.

They do have zero buzz on recruiting right now, that is one of the reasons I posted last night that it would be surprising that Campbell was at PSU. Always good to get confirmation that he didn't visit there.

PSU has zero buzz on recruiting. The wheels have come off with the many distractions and changes. Both for Pitt and PSU, results on the field are critical. Pitt for upgrading recruiting talent and the nits for the big turn around. After watching Narduzzi and his coaching and expectations, pretty clear Pitt gets it.
I think I'll wait until Feb. 4 to do my gloating. Some of the rest of you may want to consider that strategy as well.

Too much weird $hit can and always does happen between now and then.

Pitt1992 is right. Folks on hear that are reading between twitter lines, or have general thoughts about the power of UMeyer, are getting a "feeling" about what direction Hamlin might go, and so are worried. But those who talk to him, the people around him and the Pitt program all feel he is coming to Pitt.
We'll see, but I like what the informed sources are saying.

And to compare and contrast the wisdom of decisions (keeping in mind the ultimate goal):

Tyler Boyd will be making millions in the NFL in a few months. Robert Foster is still waiting for a chance in college.
To be fair, and you and other are quite correct, on the substance of current results in Boyd choosing Pitt and doing great as a Player, versus Foster choosing Bama and is till waiting to show he can do great as well, both did what they thought would be best for them.

Foster still has a chance to prove he can do quite well at Bama after he heals his knee injury and will soon show off his NCS Ring! While Boyd will be making more sooner and is healthier with a far better statistical career to date?

One reason why I advocate that Recruits should be Smart and choose a Program that fits their goals, desires, and careers.

Smart Recruits in the NFL, Hall of Fames, and have never Regretted coming to Pitt! Many so too at Bama. Do what is best for you!

Still, I wonder but will never know, just how great seeing Boyd & Foster together on one Team would have been, but that could still happen in the NFL, if foster can recover from his injuries and be better at BAMA this year unlike his previous years?

Boyd is Buoyed heading to the NFL and Foster is still looking to make Name and Home proud at Bama and maybe the NFL?

All I know is Bryant, Fitzgerald, and Boyd never regretted coming to Pitt!

Reactions: Gondel
Captain

No disagreement overall, though I have to think that if he could do it over again Foster might make a different choice.

As for his National Championship ring, how much meaning could that have for him? When he looks at it he must know in his heart of hearts that he contributed nothing to that accomplishment. It's a nice piece of jewelry and he could always sell it to the Pawn Stars, but he was just a ride along guy to that team.

Negative posting does nothing from me really ... I don't see lots of information coming from those posters, but then I've only been on here a few months

Captain

No disagreement overall, though I have to think that if he could do it over again Foster might make a different choice.

As for his National Championship ring, how much meaning could that have for him? When he looks at it he must know in his heart of hearts that he contributed nothing to that accomplishment. It's a nice piece of jewelry and he could always sell it to the Pawn Stars, but he was just a ride along guy to that team.

Maybe Foster wishes he had made a different choice, maybe not. But had he not been injured he was more than a ride along guy. He was a starting WR for the eventual national champions. Far from a bit player for them.

"Twisted Pittster, post: 864188, member: 3692"]Captain, No disagreement overall, though I have to think that if he could do it over again Foster might make a different choice.
Well, his Dad would not have a New Escalade that way? His Mother wanted him at Pitt! It is right for her to be proud of him going to Bama now too! I accept what Recruits decide and hindsight is not there when foresight is needed!

As for his National Championship ring, how much meaning could that have for him?

Well it still means a lot but not as much as before:

1. In the 1900-1970 it was about Recruits earning an education by way of a Free Athletic Scholarship.

2. In 1960-90s Recruits put Winning A National Championship as first Importance since all were given Free Scholarships at all Programs!

3. In 1990s-today, it is now about learning the Game as soon as possible because a Recruit with talent can make a Liftetime of Money if they can play just 3.5 Years and earn a NFL Pension even on a Practice Squad paying $585,000 a Year. If they save that money and put it is Annuity or tax Free Bonds they can earn $20,000 every month for the rest if their life just from Football, depending on Financial advice?

This is why I post Smart Recruits know how to choose a Program where they can learn to play College Football & Pro Offense by playing faster in their Freshmen Year so they can get better faster to be Drafted and make a NFL Team within 3 years?

After all, one goes to College to become better educated to make more money, not just yell boola boola in the stands?

The Recruits that fall for we have many Fans in the Stands, or we Graduate our Players, or we can pay you a Higher Stipend or have a Booster slipping you or Dad some cash or a job? (SMU Sean Stopperich Scandal 1980s, BAMA Western Union $250,000 Payment Scandal 1990s, USC Reggie Bush Scandal 2000s).

Today, Smart Parents know like Fitzgearald Father sons with such great talent should choose where they are needed right a way to play, not just to get an education, they get that anywhere today and after the leave early for the NFL?

When he looks at it he must know in his heart of hearts that he contributed nothing to that accomplishment. It's a nice piece of jewelry and he could always sell it to the Pawn Stars, but he was just a ride along guy to that team.
Rocky Bleier sold his Super Bowl Rings when he went Bankrupt and got them back later.

Education is important, and winning a National Championship is fun and an accomplishment, but it is still about making money and Sports is one of the fastest places to do it in a short time?

Even more important later, coaching and broadcasting jobs now make millions too and both are fun too.

Pitt is one of the very few Universities with a Football Program that has produced Top Five Quality Players In The NFL, Many Winning & Famous Coaches and Assistant Coaches, and today has many Top Broadcasters & Analysts!

Choosing Pitt is a place to learn Football for College & NFL Records and Top Legacies, that can lead to faster College and NFL Coaching jobs, and end up in Entertainment Broadcasting jobs!

Smart Recruits know it, Smarter Parents too!

Last edited:
Creative? With competitors andall around them ready to pounce on any mistake and the number of players who go thru there, OSU doesn't strike me as being nearly as stupid as the post to which you responded.
And Meyer is a guy people love to hate...winners usually are hated. But they are also subject to high scrutiny. Which tells me one of two things are at work. Either the transgressions, if any, are so minor they aren't worth getting ones undies in a bunch OR no one is willing to reveal anything that OSU is doing for fear of having the light shown on them. Brings to mind a certain Pitt hoopster of just a few years back pulling up to the Field House in a cream Escalade.
Creative way? Nah...
But the bright side is that we are competing with OSU for players. They had 14 declare for the draft...something like 8 early including a 1st round corner. Face facts: competing with a true blue blood is far better than getting scraps from their table.
PC would never have been able to do that here. PN is far more confident about Pitt.....thank God!
Dude, what are you even talking about. I think you may have misinterpreted my message or something.

People here are way too confident in Pitt landing Hamlin. They're setting themselves up for a really crappy week.

Hamlin takes jabs at Pitt on Twitter and Pitt fans are like, "He's just teasing us.. he doesn't really mean that." That's UPS-level spin right there.

Meanwhile, he joins the Nitters in ridiculing players that decommit from UPS. Anybody see that?

Oh, and... he's also Urban Meyer's top remaining priority. That's worth mentioning again.
I'm not confident at all on ANY of these commits because until they sign that NLI on Wednesday, their words mean nothing.
That being said, if Hamlin has the balls to go on Pittsburgh's local CBS affiliate, KDKA TV tomorrow night and announces that he is going to any school other then Pitt, then the young man will disappoint a lot of people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT