ADVERTISEMENT

The Dior Situation

Matt Steinbrink

Head Coach
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2002
Chris' post is spot on. Unfortunately, this was what I was hinting at weeks ago. Those in the program knew that he was never officially cleared to play. His participation and status was all based on an appeal. Outside of a legal and courtroom situation. This was strictly on Pitt's board and the university. The appeal was made and there were several delays in the meetings.

Dior did nothing else wrong and the staff was completely out of it. This is why Carrington started at the point though. They have been planning for this basically. So while Dior ultimately can be blamed for being in this situation, I also think the university handled this poorly. Quite frankly, it is a joke. To finally get around to this decision this late in August, it is tough to explain. Also tough to explain, how can the kid be allowed to travel to Spain and have an all expense trip? Hypothetically, what if Dior had done something to get in trouble in Spain?

This just makes both parties look bad. It makes it look like DIor did something else when he didn't. All summer, he had been a model student athlete really. From what I have heard. It also makes Pitt look bad to do this after school starts and leaving the kid in a significant dilemma. If they wanted to make it contingent upon staying out of trouble all summer, fine. He did what he needed to do. And yet they still booted him after all this time. Regardless of what you think about their approach to the incident and Title 9 situation, just make the decision early on. It helps no one to just waste time. It could also appear as though Dior did something else since, when that is not the case.

Just a bad look all around. Huge opportunity for Carrington now, who will be starting at the point with Lowe behind him.

The staff is still pursuing guard targets, but it is August 25th and a very tough situation right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News