ADVERTISEMENT

The hoodie out in Boston

The football fan in me appreciates the unprecedented run he had with Brady. But, the Steelers fan in me says…
ding-dong-the-witch-is-dead-band-tgkbuac3f76iy5la.gif

Reactions: xslfyk4
Something else to consider:

Belichick’s record with Brady: 84-103
Tomlin’s record without Ben: 38-30-1

I said before that maybe it’s another Andy Reid/Philly situation in Pittsburgh, but I think Tomlin deserves the chance to lead this team in the post-Roethlisberger era.

Reactions: Ski11585 and CJsE
Something else to consider:

Belichick’s record with Brady: 84-103
Tomlin’s record without Ben: 38-30-1

I said before that maybe it’s another Andy Reid/Philly situation in Pittsburgh, but I think Tomlin deserves the chance to lead this team in the post-Roethlisberger era.
He’s proven that this year winning 10 and making the playoffs
His coaching staff needs upgraded, though

Reactions: HailToPitt725
He’s proven that this year winning 10 and making the playoffs
His coaching staff needs upgraded, though
I hope he takes a page out of Narduzzi’s book and brings in a whole new offensive staff. OC, QB, OL, everything. Maybe keep Eddie Faulkner at RBs since that’s been the lone bright spot on that side of the ball.

This makes me love Craft, unlike Rooney he can kick anyone to the curb, no matter what they did for him, I LOVE THAT.

Reactions: Tucker99
I hope he takes a page out of Narduzzi’s book and brings in a whole new offensive staff. OC, QB, OL, everything. Maybe keep Eddie Faulkner at RBs since that’s been the lone bright spot on that side of the ball.
And not some weak ass, gutless, keep it close, play sacred Stillers Football GARBAGE, something up-tempo, pass oriented, aggressive modern pass concepts that never slows down and chases TDs for the entire 60 minutes. Change the entire philosophy, even at the cost of a losing season or 2.

This makes me love Craft, unlike Rooney he can kick anyone to the curb, no matter what they did for him, I LOVE THAT.
Bill is 71 and stinks post Brady just like he stunk pre-Brady .
He as there what 23 years.

As usual , you aren’t thinking this throug

Craft made him HC and GM- maybe craft isn’t so smart ?

Bill is 71 and stinks post Brady just like he stunk pre-Brady .
He as there what 23 years.

As usual , you aren’t thinking this throug

Craft made him HC and GM- maybe craft isn’t so smart ?
Would Rooney have fired him? I'm not talking about BB, I'm talking about the owner being willing to fire the coach that won him 6 SBs? Would Rooney have done it? I like an owner being willing to kick a legend to the curb.

My sister doesnt follow football and has no idea who BB was. We were watching the Pats on TV one night and I told her how successful this guy is.

her comment?

" He always looks like his shoes are 2 sizes too small"

I think she was right about that

• Haha
Reactions: pittdan77
Because you can be the greatest coach of all time and have one 4 win season and you're out. There are various other lifestyle issues that make a coach's life difficult, but the fact that things are so results oriented, when the results aren't necessarily the direct result of your coaching decisions but sometimes come from good or bad fortune, makes it hard.

And not some weak ass, gutless, keep it close, play sacred Stillers Football GARBAGE, something up-tempo, pass oriented, aggressive modern pass concepts that never slows down and chases TDs for the entire 60 minutes. Change the entire philosophy, even at the cost of a losing season or 2.
I think there’s several passing game coordinators/QB coaches for offensive-oriented head coaches who could be swayed to come here for full control of an offense. A few that come in mind:

- Rams PGC Zac Robinson
- Eagles PGC Kevin Patullo
- Lions PGC Tanner Engstrand
- Packers PGC Jason Vrable (from South Park)
- Cardinals PGC Drew Terrell (32 years old)

If you’re looking for the next McVey or McDaniel, it could very well be one of these few who are rising fast through the coaching ranks.

Reactions: Pitt79
Would Rooney have fired him? I'm not talking about BB, I'm talking about the owner being willing to fire the coach that won him 6 SBs? Would Rooney have done it? I like an owner being willing to kick a legend to the curb.
That same owner made the HC also the GM- which always fails
You’re not very clever

The Rooney’s are smart enough to have a GM and HC separated

That same owner made the HC also the GM- which always fails
You’re not very clever

The Rooney’s are smart enough to have a GM and HC separated
BB was HC/GM FROM 2000-2023, SO BB WAS A FAILURE IN THAT TIME FRAME Mr. Clever ? :)

I think there’s several passing game coordinators/QB coaches for offensive-oriented head coaches who could be swayed to come here for full control of an offense. A few that come in mind:

- Rams PGC Zac Robinson
- Eagles PGC Kevin Patullo
- Lions PGC Tanner Engstrand
- Packers PGC Jason Vrable (from South Park)
- Cardinals PGC Drew Terrell (32 years old)

If you’re looking for the next McVey or McDaniel, it could very well be one of these few who are rising fast through the coaching ranks.
All we can do is dream and hope, autistic RAINMAN ROONEY, wants the 1970s gutless, play scared, pound the rock, take no risks weak ass offense, it's what he masturbates to.

You: "All I care about is the Steelers winning!"

Also you: "I don't like it when the Steelers win that way!"
It's not OK to have a preference for a certain type of offense? and they're barely winning, sliding by one or 2 games over .500 and then getting blasted in the playoff game they always lose. The way you describe it it's like the key to this prolific winning streak we are seeing :)

All we can do is dream and hope, autistic RAINMAN ROONEY, wants the 1970s gutless, play scared, pound the rock, take no risks weak ass offense, it's what he masturbates to.
You masturbate to your own nonsense.

The Steelers have thrown plenty under this Rooney. Picked a random year - the Steelers run percentage in 2018 was next to last. The only team that ran less was the Packers.

2019 they were tenth.

2020, back to 31st. Only Jacksonville ran less.

Assuming this is correct of course.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
Here’s some more food for thought: Adam Schefter hinted that there’s a mystery team ready to go after Belichick but haven’t fired their coach yet. Earlier this morning, Mike Greenburg’s hot take was BB to the Eagles. Hmm… would make sense that he’d want to end up in a good situation with an established QB already in place.

Here’s some more food for thought: Adam Schefter hinted that there’s a mystery team ready to go after Belichick but haven’t fired their coach yet. Earlier this morning, Mike Greenburg’s hot take was BB to the Eagles. Hmm… would make sense that he’d want to end up in a good situation with an established QB already in place.
PTI or some other show was talking about the Eagles changing coaches with a loss even after appearing in the Super Bowl last year.

PTI or some other show was talking about the Eagles changing coaches with a loss even after appearing in the Super Bowl last year.
Yeah, what’s up with that? Is there something going on besides them struggling since the Chiefs game? He’s made the playoffs all three years he’s been the head coach. Sounds way too trigger-happy in my opinion, but I’m also a Steelers fan who’s had two head coaches in my lifetime.

Because you can be the greatest coach of all time and have one 4 win season and you're out. There are various other lifestyle issues that make a coach's life difficult, but the fact that things are so results oriented, when the results aren't necessarily the direct result of your coaching decisions but sometimes come from good or bad fortune, makes it hard.
Interesting

It's not OK to have a preference for a certain type of offense? and they're barely winning, sliding by one or 2 games over .500 and then getting blasted in the playoff game they always lose. The way you describe it it's like the key to this prolific winning streak we are seeing :)
Of course it's okay to have a preference but that also makes you kind of full of crap when you say you just want them to win and nothing else matters.

You masturbate to your own nonsense.

The Steelers have thrown plenty under this Rooney. Picked a random year - the Steelers run percentage in 2018 was next to last. The only team that ran less was the Packers.

2019 they were tenth.

2020, back to 31st. Only Jacksonville ran less.

Assuming this is correct of course.

Even then it wasn't enough, they almost always opened games weak and didn't open up the aggressive passing game until they fell behind and were forced to, I want to play more of the game that way, open games that way. the passing numbers piled up not because they really wanted to, but because of need, and I'm sure they also wanted to keep Ben happy, Ben in fact was underused, compared to elite QBs in his era.

That sometimes is the perfect time for a head coaching change, like when Dungy couldn't get that elite TB team over the hump and they dumped him for Gruden, who immediately won a Super Bowl, what Rooney worshipping Yinzers don't get is that sometimes the missing piece you need or the position you need to change to get over the hump is HEAD COACH.

So NE is pretty much going to be lazy and just promote Jerod Mayo. Not sure if he's going to work out but the move sounds familiar.
Sounds like it was actually worked into his contract that he was going to be BB’s successor last offseason. Got it approved by the league as well.

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT