ADVERTISEMENT

The Louisville Mascot

vantheman1976

Redshirt
Apr 2, 2005
So....I'm leaving the Fitz after the game walking to my car and up ahead of me is the Louisville mascot in his/her full attire. I quickened my step to catch up and in my best impersonation of the Game of Thrones 'walk of shame' when Cersei is marched through the streets.....I begin saying....'shame....shame....shame...etc....etc'. The mascot stops....turns and flips me the bird (maybe it was a feather)....and I think I heard a muffled 'eff you' from inside his head piece. I chuckled and continued on my way.....I guess I could have been nicer.....I just can't help myself sometimes.

So....I'm leaving the Fitz after the game walking to my car and up ahead of me is the Louisville mascot in his/her full attire. I quickened my step to catch up and in my best impersonation of the Game of Thrones 'walk of shame' when Cersei is marched through the streets.....I begin saying....'shame....shame....shame...etc....etc'. The mascot stops....turns and flips me the bird (maybe it was a feather)....and I think I heard a muffled 'eff you' from inside his head piece. I chuckled and continued on my way.....I guess I could have been nicer.....I just can't help myself sometimes.
Nice! I can't say for sure as I only recall ESPNU showing their mascot (after UL went up 2-0), but was Roc there? How did we divide up the cheerleaders, band and mascot given the coincidental VB and BB games?

Nice! I can't say for sure as I only recall ESPNU showing their mascot (after UL went up 2-0), but was Roc there? How did we divide up the cheerleaders, band and mascot given the coincidental VB and BB games?
Yes..ROC was there.....just a guess but I suspect the cheerleaders, etc were split up to cover both...not sure if there are 2 ROCs :)

Yes..ROC was there.....just a guess but I suspect the cheerleaders, etc were split up to cover both...not sure if there are 2 ROCs :)
I'm guessing that Pitt will have ROC, a small band, and cheerleaders @ Tampa. What about students/Zoo? Will there be a spot for them at the FF or would they have to buy seats for the same price as the general public? I know that each school feeds off of their own fans' energy. Doesn't get much better than the Oakland Zoo

I'm guessing that Pitt will have ROC, a small band, and cheerleaders @ Tampa. What about students/Zoo? Will there be a spot for them at the FF or would they have to buy seats for the same price as the general public? I know that each school feeds off of their own fans' energy. Doesn't get much better than the Oakland Zoo
An Oakland Zoo in Tampa....I doubt it very much

Reactions: Chaos
That UL mascot was sad, had no energy, no nothing. My friend and I commented on that throughout the game and we laughed about it. lol. Couldn't dance and did things that any 70 yr old women could do (yes, me). I moved better that that bird. ROC put it to shame. Go Pitt!

How did we divide up the cheerleaders, band and mascot given the coincidental VB and BB games?

I don't know about the cheerleaders, but there are multiple versions of the pep band. There are two different versions that rotate through the men's and women's basketball games, so that none of them have to play at all of both team's games. The pep band for volleyball is different than the ones for basketball (although I am sure that many of the kids are the same). So it probably wasn't that difficult for the pep band at the basketball game to replace some of the kids who were missing because of volleyball with some of the kids who would not have normally been playing at the basketball game yesterday.

With cheerleaders, the fact that Pitt has something like 423 total cheerleaders and dance team members probably makes it a little easier dividing them up.

I’m pretty sure there are multiple cheerleader squads and Pitt has different squads for men’s’ basketball and volleyball.

My brother was a football cheerleader when he attended Pitt but never was a basketball cheerleader. He didn’t cheer for any of the Spring sports because he was the captain of the golf team back when that was a varsity sport and was busy with that in the Spring.

I have a friend who was a football cheerleader at Arizona State and that is the only sport she ever was a cheerleader for there. She said the training and practice was 8 months a year; basically two semesters. Of course, they do that very gymnastic style of cheerleading with human pyramids and such.

I’m pretty sure there are multiple cheerleader squads and Pitt has different squads for men’s’ basketball and volleyball.

My brother was a football cheerleader when he attended Pitt but never was a basketball cheerleader. He didn’t cheer for any of the Spring sports because he was the captain of the golf team back when that was a varsity sport and was busy with that in the Spring.

I have a friend who was a football cheerleader at Arizona State and that is the only sport she ever was a cheerleader for there. She said the training and practice was 8 months a year; basically two semesters. Of course, they do that very gymnastic style of cheerleading with human pyramids and such.
Bring back Tiger Paul! He was truly one of a kind. Imagine him at the top of a pyramid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT