ADVERTISEMENT

The Scott Frost farewell tour is officially

Whipple left a very good situation at Pitt to enter a Hot Seat. And his former Texas now Nebraska QB has flashes of excellence that give way to failures. Casey Thompson is not the QB that Whipple needs to save Frost's job.

Whipple left a very good situation at Pitt to enter a Hot Seat. And his former Texas now Nebraska QB has flashes of excellence that give way to failures. Casey Thompson is not the QB that Whipple needs to save Frost's job.
You may not be aware, but Mark Whipple’s contract was not renewed at Pitt. His options were to coach somewhere else, or retire.

I think he made the right decision, because Nebraska is paying him more than Pitt did.

He might be named interim coach by the time they get stateside
I wonder if Whip had that in the back of his mind when taking the job. It takes Whip a year or 2 to get the offense even working with the right talent. I recall that the language alone was problematic in year one at Pitt. I don’t think he has an accurate enough QB either. Frost was outcoached in this game by Fitzgerald. Still think Fitz is the best coach in the B1G by virtue of taking an Ivy League caliber school and winning in the B1G, even if every other season, is no small feat.

I wonder if Whip had that in the back of his mind when taking the job. It takes Whip a year or 2 to get the offense even working with the right talent. I recall that the language alone was problematic in year one at Pitt. I don’t think he has an accurate enough QB either. Frost was outcoached in this game by Fitzgerald. Still think Fitz is the best coach in the B1G by virtue of taking an Ivy League caliber school and winning in the B1G, even if every other season, is no small feat.
Whipple won’t be retained after the season if/when Frosty is shitcanned. You can put that in the bank. He’s nobody’s coach in waiting.

Frost wasting no time calling out his staff...

That’s maybe a conversation he should have had with said staff before the first game.

He’s just scapegoating. he knew what Whip was planning to run in the week or two they spent preparing for this game. Every year his teams have been a clown show of turnovers, penalties and mistakes. This game was just another of the same.

Didn't NW have over 500 yards of offense? NW ran it down their throat the whole second half. Nebraska looks soft and slow to me. Pitt (with inferior athletes according to Whip) would destroy Nebraska.

Didn't NW have over 500 yards of offense? NW ran it down their throat the whole second half. Nebraska looks soft and slow to me. Pitt (with inferior athletes according to Whip) would destroy Nebraska.
Somebody show me these quotes from Whipple dissing Pitt and the players. I must have missed that and there is nothing online to that effect.

Reactions: 303vND
Somebody show me these quotes from Whipple dissing Pitt and the players. I must have missed that and there is nothing online to that effect.
Not going to try to find it, but he said it. I think it was around their spring game. Something to the effect of how nice it was to run his offense with better athletes.
Alligators are big, fast and powerful. But they have tiny little arms and can't catch a football.

Just a couple of thoughts.

1) Whipple was overrated by the national media because of the Pickett/Addison affect
2) LOL. Better athletes my ass.
3) Whipple was retiring. Frost and Nebraska gave him a golden parachute.
4) Nebraska has many problems, not just offense and play calling.
5) Whipple will be retired next year, Frost will be a position coach somewhere.

The Northwestern RB definitely runs a 5.4 forty.... and he looked faster than everyone on Nebraska's defense.

One of quotes was "Palmer is a bigger, faster, better version on JA". Obviously he was being factious...or was drunk when he was quoted.

1) Whipple was overrated by the national media because of the Pickett/Addison affect
I was thinking the same thing; Pickett to Addison connection may have made Whipple look like an elite OC when maybe it was just a connection between 2 first round talents.

I was thinking the same thing; Pickett to Addison connection may have made Whipple look like an elite OC when maybe it was just a connection between 2 first round talents.

It's the Jimmie and the joes...

That truth is it all came together last year for the offense: Whipple, Pickett, Addison and everyone else. Anyone who wants to short change Whipple’s role in that overall success is kidding himself. You don’t put up the kind of numbers that offense put up last year without great scheming, play calling, O line play etc. .

Pickett was at Pitt for 4 years before last year and was pedestrian.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
That’s maybe a conversation he should have had with said staff before the first game.

He’s just scapegoating. he knew what Whip was planning to run in the week or two they spent preparing for this game. Every year his teams have been a clown show of turnovers, penalties and mistakes. This game was just another of the same.
WOW. Does not seem like a good coach or a good man.

This.

under way.

Whip, looks like retirement isn’t so far away after all. I hope you got your money up front 😎

I'm shocked he was retained after last year. He's been awful, 15-30 overall and 10-26 in conference.

The last thing he should be doing is throwing his offensive staff under the bus.

Reactions: 303vND
How could Frost lift up UCF to such lofty levels, and just tank it so bad at Nebraska? Thought he would be just what they needed, I was so wrong.

Perhaps part of that was due to his offensive coordinator those two seasons before last year.

Remind us all, what was that guy's name again?
Sure he gets his share of credit for the good and blame for the bad. No question he had a lot more to work with last year than in the two years prior. But it wasn’t just some miraculous one year growth in two veteran players that produced an offense that set every school record worth setting. Ir was everything-the O line, the emergence of a legit receiving TE, a better group of backs, etc. And there’s this crazy thing where when the players are more capable and trustworthy the play caller can call some things that he wouldn’t call with a less veteran and capable group. And there’s this crazy thing where it maybe took a couple years of coaching and development to make them become that much better.

Whipple had a huge hand in last year’s success. You’re a smart guy Joe, you know that.

Whipple had a huge hand in last year’s success. You’re a smart guy Joe, you know that.

He absolutely had a hand in last year's success. He also absolutely had a hand in the prior two seasons not nearly as successful results.

I've never really believed the notion that some people have that it takes a quarterback that long in his system to really get it, but maybe Nebraska this year will try to help show that.

Reactions: PANTHERAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT