ADVERTISEMENT

They're baaaaaack

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
The WVU and Big 12 expansionistas have it on good authority that the ACC wont make it until next weekend. I haven't heard the name Greg Swaim in 10 years. These guys are really really good at fake news. Its 100% completely made up but people love this expansion stuff so much that it gets mainstream attention. The Colorado AD actually retweeted that MVheer guy or whatever his name is because he said that Colorado will be re-joining the Big 12 any day.

It’s likely inevitable someday so why not now? It would at least enliven the sports news, which is deader than a doorknob right now…Pens season over and the Pirates on the way to another 100 loss season. Bring it on B10! Shake the tree!

Edit…since this report is as legit as Bob Huggins being sober for an hour, the empty bravado in calling for it to occur now doesn’t concern me (negligible risk of negative karma etc). However it definitely would enliven a terrible sports scene right now. WTAE led their sports report the other day with Pitt chick softball. And it will indeed be a zesty story to follow with tremendous innuendo, intrigue and shenanigans, likely to even include congressional hearings and possible Supreme Court fight, when/if it DOES go down ahead of the GOR ending.

Last edited:
It’s likely inevitable someday so why not now? It would at least enliven the sports news, which is deader than a doorknob right now…Pens season over and the Pirates on the way to another 100 loss season. Bring it on B10! Shake the tree!

Edit…since this report is as legit as Bob Huggins being sober for an hour, the empty bravado in calling for it to occur now doesn’t concern me (negligible risk of negative karma etc). However it definitely would enliven a terrible sports scene right now. WTAE led their sports report the other day with Pitt chick softball. And it will indeed be a zesty story to follow with tremendous innuendo, intrigue and shenanigans, likely to even include congressional hearings and possible Supreme Court fight, when/if it DOES go down ahead of the GOR ending.

Eh, I dont think anyone cares anymore. Everyone knows there will be a Power 2. Whoever ends up in League 3 will be news for a few days.

Big 12 fans are the most delusional group with their sense of strength and dominance. Look at the P5 conferences and which ones have teams getting plucked or jumping ship?

ACC
Maryland

Big 12
Texas
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Misouri
Texas am
Colorado

P12
USC
UCLA

Eh, I dont think anyone cares anymore. Everyone knows there will be a Power 2. Whoever ends up in League 3 will be news for a few days.
Depends on how early the big ACC schools attempt to go and break the contract. If relatively soon that’s a tremendous amount of money and the ACC orphans will have good cause to fight it, if only to get a larger payoff from the Big 2 to acquiesce. Pitt, so desperately invested into non revenue sports, is particularly going to need that.

The WVU and Big 12 expansionistas have it on good authority that the ACC wont make it until next weekend. I haven't heard the name Greg Swaim in 10 years. These guys are really really good at fake news. Its 100% completely made up but people love this expansion stuff so much that it gets mainstream attention. The Colorado AD actually retweeted that MVheer guy or whatever his name is because he said that Colorado will be re-joining the Big 12 any day.

No. "People don't love this expansion stuff so much". You do.

I’ll bet anyone that this doesn’t happen in the next 36 months.

I’m happy to bet anyone, any dollar amount. Who wants to take me bet?

No. "People don't love this expansion stuff so much". You do
I am guilty as charged with loving Big 12 fake news rumors. I know they are 100% made up but they are fun, entertaining, and also pathetic. But definitely fun to read. I never undestood why my grandma bought the Enquirer and the Star but now I know I guess. Even if you know something is fake, its still fun to read.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT