ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on ND trip

Slick Manager of Champs

Heisman Candidate
Apr 22, 2007
Great time, terrible game. Very nice turnout by Pitt fans. Would have been fun if we would have had something to cheer about. It would have been noticeably loud.

I was impressed with ND stadium. I was expecting something more old/run down, but it was in great shape although definitely needs a few more men's rooms. I'm assuming many renovations have been done, but kind of a sad reminder of what Pitt stadium could have been.

ND fans were great. Almost too friendly. A few goofball students, but otherwise very hospitable. Offered to take our pictures when we were doing selfies around campus and point out the various landmarks. Much better fan experience than some other road trips life Central Florida or State College.

In-game experience very similar to Pitt home games. They feature a DJ playing during timeouts, although I thought the stadium host was kind of annoying and it seemed like her audio was never in-sync with the scoreboard video. So if even a tradition filled school like ND has embraced the modern stadium touches, I guess it is everywhere.

Reactions: TD_6082
Great time, terrible game. Very nice turnout by Pitt fans. Would have been fun if we would have had something to cheer about. It would have been noticeably loud.

I was impressed with ND stadium. I was expecting something more old/run down, but it was in great shape although definitely needs a few more men's rooms. I'm assuming many renovations have been done, but kind of a sad reminder of what Pitt stadium could have been.

ND fans were great. Almost too friendly. A few goofball students, but otherwise very hospitable. Offered to take our pictures when we were doing selfies around campus and point out the various landmarks. Much better fan experience than some other road trips life Central Florida or State College.

In-game experience very similar to Pitt home games. They feature a DJ playing during timeouts, although I thought the stadium host was kind of annoying and it seemed like her audio was never in-sync with the scoreboard video. So if even a tradition filled school like ND has embraced the modern stadium touches, I guess it is everywhere.

I love how one of the reasons people would give for moving to HF were the horrible bathrooms in Pitt Stadium, as if they couldn't have been updated.

At least we can see Pitt play in the west coast Pitt Stadium every 7 years, if he ACC lasts that long.

Reactions: cbpitt2
Everytime we've gone to ND it's been nothing but class win or lose. Wvcc is nothing but ass fans. H2P

Most of the ND fans who are alums or who enjoy traveling to their stadium are fine. It's the ones who are huge ND fans but don't even know what state the school is in, that act similar to obnoxious Miami or WVU fans.

Reactions: pierre93
Everytime we've gone to ND it's been nothing but class win or lose. You don’t experience their subway fans. Wvcc is nothing but ass fans. H2P
Yeah the posters here who are always slagging on ND fans clearly have never been to a game there or known any ND alums. They take a lot of pride in being welcoming to visitors on game days there. You want to see a nasty fam base, go to an Ohio State home game.

Reactions: Jim Z
Pitt fans had a strong presence in 10 sections. It was a solid showing.

Too bad the team did not have a presence on the field.

Yeah the posters here who are always slagging on ND fans clearly have never been to a game there or known any ND alums. They take a lot of pride in being welcoming to visitors on game days there. You want to see a nasty fam base, go to an Ohio State home game.

The real ND fans are really nice. On the road, you get the local drunk bandwagon fans who have never been to Indiana.

Reactions: HailtoPitt

It's always a good trip, the team shitting itself notwithstanding. Really disappointed they didn't bring any of the band. Having them sitting near us would have at least been entertaining, as opposed to the shit show presented on the field.

My family had some of the same experiences. ND fans went out of their way to be cordial. They also were fairly quiet even at the beginning of the game. Had 2 fans in front make a demeaning comment before game that pissed me off. Said Narduzzi was a bum and ACC is a bum. Yet they participate in all sports but football. But, overall, fans were good to talk to and respectful to Pitt. Same at hotel. I was embarrassed during game in 2nd half, and fans around me just left us alone. Bars were hopping, many had a lot of Pitt fans, especially the Linebacker Friday night. Pitt fans just overwhelmed it.

Hard to be too rude to opposing fans when your opponent completely reeks. Even WVU fans have been relatively kind to us this year. Embarrassed for us.
Getting empathetic sympathy from the ultimate Pitt haters (Hoopies), says so much about how this program has fallen this season!

It's always a good trip, the team shitting itself notwithstanding. Really disappointed they didn't bring any of the band. Having them sitting near us would have at least been entertaining, as opposed to the shit show presented on the field.

Heather is not very "band friendly". Band is part of athletics and they get the crumbs of whatever is leftover. No overnight road trips this year even though there were two pretty good games for it, ND & Syracuse in NYC. Only road band trip was WVU which required no overnight stay.

Like many have said, great time, crappy game. Been up there a few times when Pitt has played, and like everyone said, their actual fans are awesome. The campus is absolutely beatiful, and we spent time at the Linebacker friday night and Brothers on Saturday.

Pitt had a nice showing fan wise.

Heather is not very "band friendly". Band is part of athletics and they get the crumbs of whatever is leftover. No overnight road trips this year even though there were two pretty good games for it, ND & Syracuse in NYC. Only road band trip was WVU which required no overnight stay.

We don't want to pay for the band to take a road trip, and people think Heather is going to buy out the Narduzzi contact? Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT