ADVERTISEMENT

Time for the Steelers to fleece the Bears again

Trade Harris to them for another high round draft pick. 2nd round will be in the low 30s again. Get another solid starter. RBs are a dime a dozen, unless you have a true game breaker.

Terrible waste of a 1st Round pick. I said it on draft day. The Steelers could have Hammond or Flemister back there and their record would be the exact same. RB is the least important position in all of sports. I'm not even sure you should ever draft a running back in any round. I'd pay league minimum to an RB and spend the money elsewhere.

Terrible waste of a 1st Round pick. I said it on draft day. The Steelers could have Hammond or Flemister back there and their record would be the exact same. RB is the least important position in all of sports. I'm not even sure you should ever draft a running back in any round. I'd pay league minimum to an RB and spend the money elsewhere.
Under Rooney's backward leadership, it's still 1972 and he wanted a Harris back at RB, along with the 1972 playbook.

Trade Harris to them for another high round draft pick. 2nd round will be in the low 30s again. Get another solid starter. RBs are a dime a dozen, unless you have a true game breaker.
RBs are a dime a dozen and im down as much as anyone on Naj but you still need two if not 3 RBs to play in the nfl.

I have zero faith in mcfarland and warren as 1-2 punch. I like Jaylen alot but still i dont want to go from him getting 33% of the carries to having to carry it 15+ times a game wiht Mcfarland being his only backup.. that would be ugly..

not sure what's out there on the free agent list but probably not much. I'd suspect they try and move him in the off season though and go either the FA route or draft a RB (but not in the first rd of course).

RBs are a dime a dozen and im down as much as anyone on Naj but you still need two if not 3 RBs to play in the nfl.

I have zero faith in mcfarland and warren as 1-2 punch. I like Jaylen alot but still i dont want to go from him getting 33% of the carries to having to carry it 15+ times a game wiht Mcfarland being his only backup.. that would be ugly..

not sure what's out there on the free agent list but probably not much. I'd suspect they try and move him in the off season though and go either the FA route or draft a RB (but not in the first rd of course).

Which is why I'd get 3 or 4 and pay them all league minimum. There's so many. Najee is slightly better Qadree Ollison, who I didn't realize is on the Steelers' practice squad. Pay a couple dudes like that league minimum and spend the money elsewhere.

Warren is good at what he does. Check the ball down to him and let him break a few tackles. Give him a draw maybe catch the defense napping. But we've seen tons of RBs play well in a limited role but fail as the lead back. You don't want Jaylen Warren running it up the gut 15 times a game.

Warren is good at what he does. Check the ball down to him and let him break a few tackles. Give him a draw maybe catch the defense napping. But we've seen tons of RBs play well in a limited role but fail as the lead back. You don't want Jaylen Warren running it up the gut 15 times a game.
Don't have a lead back, have 3 backs and rotate them.

Don't have a lead back, have 3 backs and rotate them.

That approach seems to have been successful for most teams that have won a SB recently. Even if you have a lead back type, don't pay him. Bring in someone else.

yeah, i kind of like starting the game with Najee, give him 4-5 carries in the first quarter. Inevitably going nowhere which we are accustomed too but that kind of sets the tone for Warren in second quarter..

In perfect world, i'd share the carries like this:

Naj - 12-14 carries, maybe 1-2 catches..

Warren - 10-12 carries, 3-4 catches out of backfield.. who knows, maybe mcfarland can get a carry or two now that he's back.

one thing i feel very confident about is i have Warren as my short down back. If it's 3rd and 1, no way/shape or form do i have Najee in there, he is brutal on short distance downs and it makes no sense why a smaller guy is better than a 240 pound running back.

A lot of the short yardage downs like 3rd and 1 or 2, their play design is terrible, slow developing, hand off deep in the backfield, with no push up front, Najee gets stuffed usually.

A lot of the short yardage downs like 3rd and 1 or 2, their play design is terrible, slow developing, hand off deep in the backfield, with no push up front, Najee gets stuffed usually.
him taking three seconds and taking 2 sidesteps before hitting the hole doesnt help either..

Reactions: Chaos and Pitt79

Do you want Najee running up the gut 15 times a game? Might as well have me do it behind that line.

I think the surprise shouldn’t be that the Steelers drafted Harris in the first round. Remember: the main owner of the team, who happens to be named Rooney, instructed them to do it!

No, the surprise is that this is clearly a POOR idea and has been proven pretty definitively over the years, but some teams STILL do it. I believe at least two teams picked a RB in the first round again in this last draft? That is rather incredible.

I think the surprise shouldn’t be that the Steelers drafted Harris in the first round. Remember: the main owner of the team, who happens to be named Rooney, instructed them to do it!

No, the surprise is that this is clearly a POOR idea and has been proven pretty definitively over the years, but some teams STILL do it. I believe at least two teams picked a RB in the first round again in this last draft? That is rather incredible.

To go in the 1st Round, you have to be a sure-fire HOF'er and/or a major receiving threat like McCaffrey.

Reactions: Pitt79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT