ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble in paradise with Dejan

KanePA

Freshman
May 6, 2017
Apparently some former Nitter Sara Civian who worked for Dejan was sexually harassed by Dejan. Apparently Deadspin has texts from Dejan to others about Sara’s body and it makes Trump look like a Boy Scout. In preparation, Dejan like a true coward has made his personal twitter account and the DK twitter account private. He’s also given his wife complete control of the company and he is going back to writing articles. This should mark the end of the Dejan years in Pittsburgh. He’s a true creep.

Sara blogged about it. It’s a ton of rambling, and there should be cliff notes to the main points. Here it is if you care....

Last edited:
I am SURE that if he issues a statement about THIS he will be sure to capitalize random words so people really FEEL like he’s talking to THEM.

Honestly though it probably does bring and end to his time here, but was he still relevant anyway? Seemed like he went away from being informative and just went into hot taking that he became another Rob Rossi or Ron Cook as opposed to a Travis Sawchik.

Last edited:
Yeah cause nitters are honest and decent people.
Yohe and Kaboly even have been alluding to it on Twitter.

Been hearing about this article coming for over a week now but nothing yet. Though I also read part of the reason is taking so long is they’ve still been gathering more info on this whole thing.

Reactions: pittdan77
Wow. I am glad DKonSports came onto the scene because it has provided great drama and fun for Pittsburgh sports media fans. It is like one big soap opera there.

And evidently, men are no longer allowed to be attracted to women. Which is great because this will solve world hunger, climate control and urban crawl as we die off as a species because soon it will be illegal for men and women to procreate.

Reactions: TD_istheman
Wow. I am glad DKonSports came onto the scene because it has provided great drama and fun for Pittsburgh sports media fans. It is like one big soap opera there.

And evidently, men are no longer allowed to be attracted to women. Which is great because this will solve world hunger, climate control and urban crawl as we die off as a species because soon it will be illegal for men and women to procreate.

It sounds more the issue is him discussing her looks with fellow staff members.
Which is dumb.

I work with some very attractive women.
Including an intern who is literally a model.

You know who at work I’ve ever discussed it with? Nobody- because I like my management job.

That’s what friends outside the workplace are for

Last edited:
That was some God-awful writing. Did she ever get to the point? After 4 paragraphs of filler I stopped reading.

That was some God-awful writing. Did she ever get to the point? After 4 paragraphs of filler I stopped reading.

My reasoning, and I have not read much about this.

1. Dejan hires hockey writer because she is hot.
2. She isn't a good writer.
3. Dejan makes various comments about her writing, and various comments about her looks.
4. Dejan fires her becasue she isn't a good writer.
5. She thinks Dejan fired her because he is a jerk. She is partially right, he is a jerk, but she is still a bad writer.
6. Nobody happy.
7. Dejan tracks down Steve for another fluff interview.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Which is dumb.

You know who at work I’ve ever discussed it with? Nobody- because I like my management job.

It's getting to a ridiculous point now that any women with an axe to grind now wields this nuclear option, it is getting a bit tiresome. Now if DK was Harvey Weinsteining Civian, yeah. Or made sexual advances to here. Sure. But commenting on her looks, to coworkers? Maybe stupid. Maybe showing he is an asshole, but at the end, he was just being a guy. Now someone (no doubt because DK is an ass) has leaked this back to Civian and now she has a chance to get even. Yay! My god, I don't know how she lived over the past month knowing that guys thought she was hot. Oh the humanity.

This has spun out of control and I don't care if you progressives think I am a neanderthal or a bad person for thinking so. It has spun way out of control.

Which is dumb.

Souf, while I don't respect your views of Pitt football and basketball, you appear to have a good handle on some of life's possible pitfalls. Talking outside the workplace is the right way to approach such things!

My reasoning, and I have not read much about this.

1. Dejan hires hockey writer because she is hot.
2. She isn't a good writer.
3. Dejan makes various comments about her writing, and various comments about her looks.
4. Dejan fires her becasue she isn't a good writer.
5. She thinks Dejan fired her because he is a jerk. She is partially right, he is a jerk, but she is still a bad writer.
6. Nobody happy.
7. Dejan tracks down Steve for another fluff interview.
Seems very likely. Is all this seriously about someone texting a co-worker that another co-worker looked hot in a sweater? OK, he's a jerk, fair enough but so what? This is ridiculous. I had a secretary make a suggestive comment to me once. We both just laughed it off. A couple months ago she tried to quit and sue the company because a supervisor said almost the exact same thing to her. As a result, I had to spend over an hour in a room with a bunch of lawyers being video taped about some stupid encounter 10 years ago.

I tried to start reading that rambling mess piece of drivel but couldn't get through it. The cliff notes version is that he was talking about her body to co-workers? Or was he making lude comments to her personally and trying to pressure her into a sexual relationship?

meeting and socializing with co-workers is so 20th century. we live in a time now where you hope she swipes left when she sees your outdated profile picture.

I tried to start reading that rambling mess piece of drivel but couldn't get through it. The cliff notes version is that he was talking about her body to co-workers? Or was he making lude comments to her personally and trying to pressure her into a sexual relationship?
To coworkers not her directly .

It’s atupid behavior from dejan, again

Reactions: SempleFest06
It's getting to a ridiculous point now that any women with an axe to grind now wields this nuclear option, it is getting a bit tiresome. Now if DK was Harvey Weinsteining Civian, yeah. Or made sexual advances to here. Sure. But commenting on her looks, to coworkers? Maybe stupid. Maybe showing he is an asshole, but at the end, he was just being a guy. Now someone (no doubt because DK is an ass) has leaked this back to Civian and now she has a chance to get even. Yay! My god, I don't know how she lived over the past month knowing that guys thought she was hot. Oh the humanity.

This has spun out of control and I don't care if you progressives think I am a neanderthal or a bad person for thinking so. It has spun way out of control.
You’re over reacting as always.
This isn’t a criminal or even sexual harassment issue.
It’s a stupid behavior issue leading to bad publicity.
Noting more.

You’re rant is dumb. What has spun out of control? Women not putting up with being objectified by men in positions of power?
Dumb

Supposedly deadspin is running an article soon with the actual texts. Instead of assuming these were harmless comments he made about her looks, why not wait until the story comes out before soiling your diaper? What if he went into graphic detail about the dirty things he wanted to do to her? That would be a bit different than simply talking about how hot she is.

You’re over reacting as always.
This isn’t a criminal or even sexual harassment issue.
It’s a stupid behavior issue leading to bad publicity.
Noting more.

You’re rant is dumb. What has spun out of control? Women not putting up with being objectified by men in positions of power?
Dumb

It is not a rant, it is a take. I don't rant. I am not emotionally appalled, I am actually amused. Amused by the whole thing. And I totally agree with you it is dumb, especially for DK who obviously if they make a Bad Bosses III, he must be in it, because there is a litany of crap from both men and women regarding their departures from his site. But I am also amused at the usual suspects, Hi Ski, coming out in outrage! Again!

Reactions: KanePA
Supposedly deadspin is running an article soon with the actual texts. Instead of assuming these were harmless comments he made about her looks, why not wait until the story comes out before soiling your diaper? What if he went into graphic detail about the dirty things he wanted to do to her? That would be a bit different than simply talking about how hot she is.

OK, fair enough. And I am guessing it will be the end of that site. Which damn glad I did not go "LUNATIC" status.

So you look at girls, I dunno boys, whatever, and you don't see some as attractive and others not? You are just a robot who sees inner beauty? You are such a hypocrite.

I am not advocating sexual misconduct, I am saying this weapon that any women who feels wronged now has at their disposal, anytime ready to "break glass in case of emergency".

I honestly don't think most men understand that bar for sexual misconduct is much lower than they think it should be.

Reactions: Zkaib28
I honestly don't think most men understand that bar for sexual misconduct is much lower than they think it should be.
that bar gets lower by the day, it's a moving target and you are right, a lot of men don't realize this.

my advice to men in the workforce was perfect, don't talk to anyone, don't look at anyone, don't socialize in any way, shape or manner. Say hello and keep moving. don't look down, eye contact only with a slight smile. never compliment a person of the opposite sex ever, not on clothing, hair, nothing, ever. never be in an office or conference room with a member of the opposite sex with a closed door, ever.

less is more, always..

It's really not a moving target. It's pretty static. You sound like you're mad they're not putting up with it anymore.
you are insane if you don't think acceptable behavior in the workforce has changed over the years, absolutely insane. not mad, not happy, I follow my own advice, read above.

I find my dates on craigslist. yeah, sometimes they are guys, sometimes they are trying to drug me and sell my organs but all the other times, we have a blast and occasionally it's even free..

you are insane if you don't think acceptable behavior in the workforce has changed over the years, absolutely insane. not mad, not happy, I follow my own advice, read above.

I find my dates on craigslist. yeah, sometimes they are guys, sometimes they are trying to drug me and sell my organs but all the other times, we have a blast and occasionally it's even free..

Here's a hint: What was deemed as "acceptable behavior" wasn't determined by the people on the receiving end.

Reactions: Zkaib28

I reallllly hope that’s not the case.

Yeah, first off, I don't appreciate the personal attacks by Ski. If you disagree and want to argue and debate, fine. Do that. But the name calling is as abhorrent of a behavior as the one you feel so appalled by. It is also a violation of this site, you do that again and I will report you. If you have intelligent debate, disagreement, you should be able to do this without personal attacks.

Second Ski, it is a take by me. You don't know me. At all.

Thirdly, long before #Metoo and this new movement, I have long exhibited only the best behavior in the workplace and also personally. I was brought up to respect women, my mom was fairly successful, so I never had that male dominated, meathead environment when I was raised. Both parents cooked dinner for us dependent on who was there first. I have long been an advocate for women who I thought were being taken advantaged both professional and personal and have confronted guys. That being said, I also know how when you get these "movements", you also get people settling personal scores and taking advantage of the situation. If you don't think so, then you are extremely naive.

But debate, find holes in my arguments, but don't you dare personally insult me.

ski, come on. you, me and everyone else knows full well the only difference between harassment and flirting is how good looking the person doing it is.

No.

You have never commented to a friend, or even via text on how hot a chick is?

Of course I've commented on good looking women before. Do we know that's all that happened in this case? And again, it's possible to comment on someone's looks or flirt with them without harassing them. I can't help but feel you're being deliberately obtuse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT