ADVERTISEMENT

UNC Thoughts

JAM05Pitt

Junior
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2015
8-2! One game at a time. I flew into Pittsburgh yesterday afternoon for the game and wow was it a beautiful day/early evening. And then...the rain. But I'll tell you what, the football gods smiled on us a little as the rain went from bad to extremely worse as soon as UNC started its OT possession. That soaking wet walk back to the car after the game was perfectly fine after getting a W.

1. Up 14-0 and moving the ball fairly easily, I don't think I would have went with a trick play at that moment. BUT, Wayne throws a nice ball.
  2. I agree with going for it on 4th and 1 on our first drive. The play was covered well. Addison still had a chance at coming down with that ball.
  3. I personally would have went for it up 23-7 right before half. I understand that the field goal makes it a 3 possession game but I likely would have tried for the dagger.
  4. The first missed field goal just seemed like Scarton didn't get much lift.
  5. The second missed field goal was tricky. It was Scarton's best kick of the night but he just came up short. I didn't like the call to kick it but we were at the 35 and it was 4th and a mile. I'm not sure what to do there. Maybe try a little more high percentage play on third down, try to get 6 to 8 yards and then make a decision to go for it or kick the field goal.
  6. The defense was really, really good last night. We made a very talented offense earn every yard and at times UNC just made a few incredible catches.
  7. A big reason the defense played so well was because we tackled very well. Howell is a big and strong guy and we got him to the ground. Chandler is an explosive back and we bottled him up. I liked what I saw from the defense.
  8. I agree with many on the board that we could have had success on the ground in the second half. Izzy only had 2 carries after halftime, and that is not enough.
  9. Speaking of second half offensive struggles, we had a few drops and a few penalties that got us out of rhythm. The penalty on Minor (first half) was horrible. I also think we could have had big success with some crossing patterns and quick slants. UNC adjusted its defense a little and the run game and crossing patterns were available.
  10. The fans were great. The students were great.
  11. Glad to see Krull step up with a big game.
  12. Hopefully the few extra days gets us healthy.
  13. The screen to Izzy on Pitt's next to last possession in the 4th wasn't my favorite call but that was on Pickett. Bad ball location and a little too much steam on it.
  14. Great win! One game at a time. Let's see if UVAs qb is healthy this week against ND.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News