ADVERTISEMENT

Unintended Consequence of NIL?

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Calipari's remark on only having 7-8 players on the roster may be a portent of an unintended consequence of NIL. Spend 100% of available NIL money on your top 7-8 players and fill the rest of the roster with walk-ons????

Calipari's remark on only having 7-8 players on the roster may be a portent of an unintended consequence of NIL. Spend 100% of available NIL money on your top 7-8 players and fill the rest of the roster with walk-ons????

Yea. You dont need and cant afford a full roster. I posted on the football board, lets pay big-time money to like 10 players and have MAC players fill out the roster

Yea. You dont need and cant afford a full roster. I posted on the football board, lets pay big-time money to like 10 players and have MAC players fill out the roster
For someone who claims to know so much about sports, this is a really stupid idea. Teams' improvement comes in practices. It doesn't come in games unless you're willing to sacrifice the first 1/3 of the season. Good practices are not replaceable, and good practices requires a minimum of 10+ quality players. Walk-ons don't meet the requirement for practice improvement.

For someone who claims to know so much about sports, this is a really stupid idea. Teams' improvement comes in practices. It doesn't come in games unless you're willing to sacrifice the first 1/3 of the season. Good practices are not replaceable, and good practices requires a minimum of 10+ quality players. Walk-ons don't meet the requirement for practice improvement.

Give me 10 "premium players" and 55 MAC players and we'll win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT