ADVERTISEMENT

USL going after MLS??? Adding promotion/relegation

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
They want to become the top league in the US and feel that pro/rel would help them do that. They are supposed to vote this month. I'll tell you what, that may make me somewhat of a Riverhounds fan. Maybe. I think its a great idea. They may do 3 leagues. Maybe we should pool our money and start Pantherlair FC. We can play our home games on Wheeling Island

USL just signed a deal with CBS to air games on CBSSN, Paramount+, and several games on regular CBS. It would be insane to see a Riverhounds game from Highmark nationally televised on CBS.

MLS chose Apple TV money over exposure so USL is filling the void since there's now a lack of American pro soccer on regular TV/cable. I hope it works for MLS but it seems silly that Messi didnt play on "TV" once this summer.

USL just signed a deal with CBS to air games on CBSSN, Paramount+, and several games on regular CBS. It would be insane to see a Riverhounds game from Highmark nationally televised on CBS.

MLS chose Apple TV money over exposure so USL is filling the void since there's now a lack of American pro soccer on regular TV/cable. I hope it works for MLS but it seems silly that Messi didnt play on "TV" once this summer.
I posted about this on the pay board. But cheap asses like you didn’t see it. As a source that I heard explain it, this is a dram where network television CBS will be predominantly broadcast the games, not Paramount or CBSSN. The people involved in the production will be all top notch people so CBS and USL are fully invested.

Will they broadcast any games from HS stadiums or pitches with baseball dirt infields? That would be so very exciting.

• Sad
Reactions: HailToPitt725
I posted about this on the pay board. But cheap asses like you didn’t see it. As a source that I heard explain it, this is a dram where network television CBS will be predominantly broadcast the games, not Paramount or CBSSN. The people involved in the production will be all top notch people so CBS and USL are fully invested.

Will they broadcast any games from HS stadiums or pitches with baseball dirt infields? That would be so very exciting.

You posted about USL soccer on a pay football message board?

The articles say CBSSN and Paramount+, just a few CBS. I'd love to see games on dirt infields but the CBS games will probably be from the stadiums with MLS-looking settings, so no Pgh or Albuquerque, sadly.

Yeah the pay boards are a great community. All the rift raft are weeded out and the amount of stupidity is kept at a minimum You should try it. On second thought don’t.

I've tried it a few times. Most recently during the last bball coaching search. I didn't find there was any value to it.

Maybe they're putting some chips down on Pro Rel happening

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT