ADVERTISEMENT

VB Recap of Weekend 1 Exhibition

Fish’s comments on Bayless were interesting- kind of what I observed Saturday- player with obvious talent ; involved in a lot of plays ; but inconsistent- be it service errors or hitting errors. Feels like an important spring season for her .
Nice to see this write-up....certainly resonates with exactly what I saw.....and overall there was a lot to like. My biggest concerns are depth at the libero position.....it would be nice if someone emerges in the May portal we can get. Second....is the recovery of Bre Kelley's very serious ankle injury. Yes....the middles did a nice job on Saturday but we really need Bre to return. She was such a force when we saw her last September.

Fish’s comments on Bayless were interesting- kind of what I observed Saturday- player with obvious talent ; involved in a lot of plays ; but inconsistent- be it service errors or hitting errors. Feels like an important spring season for her .
Depends on what they were asking her to work on. Location? Depth? Not all hitting errors are necessarily bad in that situation. Will have to wait and see. Jess Mruzik at PSU had a tendency last year to be a little wild but she hit to the deep corner a lot. Coaches love that but there are some downsides.

Depends on what they were asking her to work on. Location? Depth? Not all hitting errors are necessarily bad in that situation. Will have to wait and see. Jess Mruzik at PSU had a tendency last year to be a little wild but she hit to the deep corner a lot. Coaches love that but there are some downsides.
It was her service errors that stood out to me.

I didn't get to see. What kind of serve was she missing on? Jump floats?
Kellen Petrone said last year that Blaire had a wicked jump serve....which I assumed meant similar to Olivia Babcock. I didn't see that. Instead....it seemed to me her serve was more of a jump float....and she was hitting it too long. Here's my take. I think she was trying too hard to impress. She's vying for playing time with VVG....and she just needs to let the game come to her. Babcock and Stafford got all the visibility last year and she may be pressing a bit to prove she should be in the rotation with other starters. She'll get there. I'm looking forward to seeing her against Penn State.

Kellen Petrone said last year that Blaire had a wicked jump serve....which I assumed meant similar to Olivia Babcock. I didn't see that. Instead....it seemed to me her serve was more of a jump float....and she was hitting it too long. Here's my take. I think she was trying too hard to impress. She's vying for playing time with VVG....and she just needs to let the game come to her. Babcock and Stafford got all the visibility last year and she may be pressing a bit to prove she should be in the rotation with other starters. She'll get there. I'm looking forward to seeing her against Penn State.
Might not be hitting it at its apex. Sounds fixable.

Reactions: vantheman1976
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT