ADVERTISEMENT

VB: "The Regional Finals are set!"

At this stage of the NCAA tournament which of the #1 seeds are most likely to lose.....I'll go with Oregon over Wisconsin....just a feeling....nothing more.
Like last year? LOL

I turned off the Tennessee vs Texas game to go to bed but I've been seeing that there was a bit of a controversial no-call or something. Anyone knows, I'd love to hear about it.

Womens Volleyball tourneys are the chalkiest of chalk. Hard to pull upsets, hard to win on road. I also guess the committee did a damn good job of seeding correctly. Seems like a significant drop off from the top 10 and the rest of the field as far as talent etc.

Womens Volleyball tourneys are the chalkiest of chalk. Hard to pull upsets, hard to win on road. I also guess the committee did a damn good job of seeding correctly. Seems like a significant drop off from the top 10 and the rest of the field as far as talent etc.
Yea I'm with you here, expect all chalk in the Final 4. The biggest reason being that these are all home matches for the top seeds. If it was played on neutral courts like March Madness it would be different but top teams rarely lose at home

At this stage of the NCAA tournament which of the #1 seeds are most likely to lose.....I'll go with Oregon over Wisconsin....just a feeling....nothing more.

Honestly, I think it would be us. Just because of the budding rivalry that is Pitt vs Louisville VB. Anything can happen.

Reactions: Chaos
Honestly, I think it would be us. Just because of the budding rivalry that is Pitt vs Louisville VB. Anything can happen.

Jeremy Clarkson Itv GIF by Stellify Media

Answer is Pitt Volleyball!

Like last year? LOL

I turned off the Tennessee vs Texas game to go to bed but I've been seeing that there was a bit of a controversial no-call or something. Anyone knows, I'd love to hear about it.

I stayed up an watched it. With Texas having match point there was a play that the refs ruled a foul, the announcers were confused but it was either a back row violation or a net violation, on Texas that would keep the match going. Texas challenged the call, and on the replay it was clear that while a Texas player did touch the net on a block attempt, that the Tennessee hitter actually hit the top of the net on her follow through before the Texas blocker did. Which means that the call should have been reversed and Texas should have won the match right there. But inexplicably, the ref reviewed the call and decided to not over turn the call. The announcers said it was because they said there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call, but that was BS because they had a great replay of it and it was obvious that the Tennessee player hit the net first.

Tennessee also challenged the call on what ended up being match point two points later, but the refs ruled (correctly, from what you could see on the replay) that no one from Texas touched the ball on the block.

Last edited:
I stayed up an watched it. With Texas having match point there was a play that the refs ruled a foul, the announcers were confused but it was either a back row violation or a net violation, on Texas that would keep the match going. Texas challenged the call, and on the replay it was clear that while a Texas player did touch the net on a block attempt, that the Tennessee hitter actually hit the top of the net on her follow through before the Texas blocker did. Which means that the call should have been reversed and Texas should have won the match right there. But inexplicably, the ref reviewed the call and decided to not over turn the call. The announcers said it was because they said there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call, but that was BS because they had a great replay of it and it was obvious that the Tennessee player hit the net first.

Tennessee also challenged the call on what ended up being match point two points later, but the refs ruled (correctly, from what you could see on the replay) that no one from Texas touched the ball on the block.
Thank you for the explanation.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT