ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball at FSU

It isn’t like FSU played that well. Pitt was off-kilter. No blocking from the #1 blocking team in the ACC. 3 service errors. Poor passing. Stafford playing poorly. Babcock only Pitt player playing really well.

Officials aren’t helping. Some very strange calls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black Panther
Huge turnaround from Pitt in that set. Klika looked like a different player, and Babcock is just on fire. Let’s finish strong and get this W!

I missed all but the last 3 points of the last two sets. Masha’s now an aunt: Her brother and his wife just had a baby and I’ve been on Zoom and Messenger Video for the last hour.

Considering how Pitt did with me not watching, I am not going to watch Set 5. Not that I’m superstitious….

I missed all but the last 3 points of the last two sets. Masha’s now an aunt: Her brother and his wife just had a baby and I’ve been on Zoom and Messenger Video for the last hour.

Considering how Pitt did with me not watching, I am not going to watch Set 5. Not that I’m superstitious….
Came up short.Had the opportunity to put them away.Congrats to your family!

Tough loss. FSU out blocked and outserved Pitt and that was really the difference there. Gotta bounce back Sunday, Miami is a solid team as well. ACC now with a 4 way tie at the top with LVille going down to GT in 4 tonight. So a shot at the ACC title is still there for us

Reactions: singregardless
Tough loss. FSU out blocked and outserved Pitt and that was really the difference there. Gotta bounce back Sunday, Miami is a solid team as well. ACC now with a 4 way tie at the top with LVille going down to GT in 4 tonight. So a shot at the ACC title is still there for us
Agree....and the passing was very mediocre to bad a good part of the night. I've said this before....our libero play is just not that good....yes Klika is an upgrade over Browske....but it is the weak link for this team.

Maybe this game is a wake up call. Lots of talent but gotta play all sets like its do or die.

That was a heartbreaker. Looked horrible in the first two sets but after the pulled out the 3rd I thought they had it in the bag. 5th set was Oregon all over.

I wonder why that call is not reviewable. Because it was pretty obvious both live and on replay that the FSU player was way over the net. Hard to believe that a ref as close to the play as he was missed something so obvious.
These refs were making knucklehead calls all night....even the announcers mentioned it. So...FS takes down our women's soccer team last night....our women's volleyball team tonight.....and tomorrow it's the football team's turn. What a crappy week :eek:

Agree....and the passing was very mediocre to bad a good part of the night. I've said this before....our libero play is just not that good....yes Klika is an upgrade over Browske....but it is the weak link for this team.
Agree - our libero play is okay - but not close to the elite teams. It’s a consistent theme in our losses .

I’d like to see more Logan Mosley - just like in the Ga Tech reverse sweep , she came in for sets 3-5 and seems to really calm things down.

And .. that call - or no call -late in the 5th set was just atrocious- high school stuff . PItt wins if they don’t blow thst call.

ACC as a whole is better this year . 4 way tie at the top. PItt still right there - and certainly in the mix nationally.

Also , VVG was very good last night - probably other than Fairbanks their most consistent player last night .

Reactions: vantheman1976
This was a tough one to watch. Pitt played poorly the first two sets. I agree about the return of serve, not particularly good. Give VVG credit. She is a smart outside hitter. Thats the value of experience. I like the mental toughness of this team, but any time you spot your opponent 2 sets, your asking for trouble. I thought the refs were very sketchy with their calls the whole match. That likely played a role in Pitts inconsistent play the first two sets, but you have to stay focused and play through that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT