ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball NCAA Selection Sunday

vantheman1976

Redshirt
Apr 2, 2005
As I was finishing my viewing yesterday of yet another loss by the Pitt football team.....I decided to stop shaking my head about the state of Pitt football. Instead I began mucking around on the volleytalk website to see if these volleyball geeks were talking about the upcoming NCAA selections for the tournament. As it turns out....there is somewhat of a maven on that board that is highly respected because every year since 2010 he has done his own bracketology and he has quite a track record. Here's what he said about Pitt.

I think Pitt is the consensus at 4 - but it's still quite close. Louisville swept at home, lost in 5 on the road (don't think that will play an impact though) There could be a difference in losing to NC State vs. Florida State, particularly if NC State doesn't make the tournament. Anyway, both Louisville/Pitt both beat each other, their next best win is Kentucky, and Pitt has an extra T25 win and extra 2 T50 wins, and the most recent victory. I think that's enough to go in Pitt's favor.

So...here's what he predicts for Pitt...

Pittsburgh Regional (#4)
*Denotes a team that is not a 'drive-in', >400 miles away from the subregional they are assigned to.

(1) Pittsburgh vs. LIU-Brooklyn
Yale vs. (8) Texas A&M*

(4) Tennessee vs. Wofford
High Point vs. (5) Dayton

(2) Louisville vs. Coppin State*
Baylor* vs. (7) James Madison*

(3) Creighton vs. Nebraska-Omaha
Minnesota vs. (6) Iowa State

If you are interested in reading more of his predictions go to www.volleytalk.proboards.com and scroll down to the thread "Final 2023 Bracketology". It's pretty interesting reading. So...how do you all feel about this prediction?

Reactions: Pitt MD and Chaos
As I was finishing my viewing yesterday of yet another loss by the Pitt football team.....I decided to stop shaking my head about the state of Pitt football. Instead I began mucking around on the volleytalk website to see if these volleyball geeks were talking about the upcoming NCAA selections for the tournament. As it turns out....there is somewhat of a maven on that board that is highly respected because every year since 2010 he has done his own bracketology and he has quite a track record. Here's what he said about Pitt.

I think Pitt is the consensus at 4 - but it's still quite close. Louisville swept at home, lost in 5 on the road (don't think that will play an impact though) There could be a difference in losing to NC State vs. Florida State, particularly if NC State doesn't make the tournament. Anyway, both Louisville/Pitt both beat each other, their next best win is Kentucky, and Pitt has an extra T25 win and extra 2 T50 wins, and the most recent victory. I think that's enough to go in Pitt's favor.

So...here's what he predicts for Pitt...

Pittsburgh Regional (#4)
*Denotes a team that is not a 'drive-in', >400 miles away from the subregional they are assigned to.

(1) Pittsburgh vs. LIU-Brooklyn
Yale vs. (8) Texas A&M*

(4) Tennessee vs. Wofford
High Point vs. (5) Dayton

(2) Louisville vs. Coppin State*
Baylor* vs. (7) James Madison*

(3) Creighton vs. Nebraska-Omaha
Minnesota vs. (6) Iowa State

If you are interested in reading more of his predictions go to www.volleytalk.proboards.com and scroll down to the thread "Final 2023 Bracketology". It's pretty interesting reading. So...how do you all feel about this prediction?
Tennessee as the #13 overall seed seems low, I wouldn’t worry about facing them (or Dayton) but I see TN as more of the 10/11 overall seed. I also would really prefer not to face Louisville a third time and really hope the committee puts Pitt and Louisville in different regions but i wouldn’t be surprised to see us as 4 and 5 overall. I’ll only be angry if they give Louisville the 4 and us the 5 and we have to play there, that would be really unfortunate

Reactions: vantheman1976
Tennessee as the #13 overall seed seems low, I wouldn’t worry about facing them (or Dayton) but I see TN as more of the 10/11 overall seed. I also would really prefer not to face Louisville a third time and really hope the committee puts Pitt and Louisville in different regions but i wouldn’t be surprised to see us as 4 and 5 overall. I’ll only be angry if they give Louisville the 4 and us the 5 and we have to play there, that would be really unfortunate
I agree...yes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT