ADVERTISEMENT

WARNING RE: NIL CLUB ATLANTA

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
As far as I know, this was the first Pitt NIL fundraising/payment vehicle. We were one of a number of schools for whom they supposedly were going to make deals with athletes.

I became a $25/month subscriber. As far as I know, the only thing they ever did was to send subscribers a free Slovis FB Jersey, the quality of which is very poor.

I cancelled my membership when I joined ALLIANCE412. They had been billing AmEx as NIL CLUB ATLANTA. Looking at my current statement, I found a $25 charge from YOKE, which I never had heard of. When I checked for the details, the biller was NIL CLUB ATLANTA dba YOKE. I tried calling the phone number the merchant has to provide to American Express. It was a recording saying that it doesn’t accept messages and if you need assistance contact ….. absolutely intentionally garbled.

One problem with AmEx is that you can’t cancel a recurring charge with them. However, they claim they will block further charges from that merchant.

I assume they paid some money to Slovis for use of his name. Other than that, I am not aware of them doing anything for any Pitt athlete. Perhaps WPIAL Insider can enlighten us.

My gut instinct is that it’s a scam. They collected money and aside from the Slovis shirt didn’t distribute any to athletes through NIL. I find the fact that as soon as I cancelled (which was extremely hard to do) they continued to bill me under a dba pretty strong evidence of it being a scam.

If anyone has a different/ positive view of them please post it. If anyone else has had an experience similar to mine, please post it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News