ADVERTISEMENT

Was that the worst game you ever watched ?

There have been many, many worse. Much worse actually. But this was among the most frustrating.

I think that's the right way to look at it. Last night was about as frustrating as it could be. But was it worse than, for instance, September 1996 when Ohio State beat us 72-0, including scoring a late touchdown on a punt return that Ohio State only had nine players on the field for?

Not even close.

I think that's the right way to look at it. Last night was about as frustrating as it could be. But was it worse than, for instance, September 1996 when Ohio State beat us 72-0, including scoring a late touchdown on a punt return that Ohio State only had nine players on the field for?

Not even close.
That Ohio State game was definitely one I had in mind. Also the recent 51-6 loss. Even a couple of the games against WVU when they put up 52 on us. The reality is that this was a one score game for most of it.

But the other troublesome part about this one is that it did “feel” like the game was over even when it was 7-6.

What's frustrating is that if we even scored 1 TD, didn't turn the ball over 3 times and just played a little defense against an extremely bad wvu team, we win this game. It wouldn't have taken much to beat them at all. But we didn't do any of that. All that was needed to beat poor little wvu was maybe 10 points. They don't score any or maybe just a FG if we don't give them the ball for easy scores.
lol What if….

I actually attended the Pitt game in 1996 when we lost 72-0 at tOSU ..But at least I knew we were horrible that year.

No, UCF 2018, or OSU in 2017 or ND 2020.

But it was pretty bad
Up there for me:
  • 1996 Ohio State
  • 2013 home opener vs. FSU when Jameis couldn't throw an incompletion;
  • 2018 Penn St game-one of the worst coaching jobs in Pitt history. Absolute clown show.
  • 2018 ACC Champ game-the 8 yards passing game.
  • 2019 PSU game when Dooz opted for a (missed) FG attempt on 4th and goal from the 1 trailing by 7 with under 5 to play. And then offered a nonsensical defense to his decision after the game.
In all of the above games, the announcers and postgame analysts were literally ridiculing Pitt on-air. Low moments.

For me it's the 2003 loss at Toledo, had that game been on tv it would be at the top or near the top for pretty much everyone.

1989 I went to the game when the Browns beat the Steelers 51-0 in the rain, it was the opening game, luckily and was at least warm rain, and they ended up making the playoffs.

1989 I went to the game when the Browns beat the Steelers 51-0 in the rain, it was the opening game, luckily and was at least warm rain, and they ended up making the playoffs.
Not only did they make the playoffs they beat Jagoff Jerry Glanville's Oilers and came damn close to beating the Broncos the next week.

Reactions: Pitt79
Two games immediately came to mind. First was the Ohio State massacre. Made the list for the obvious reason that it was one of the worst beat downs Pitt has ever received.

Second worst game was the infamous Sun Bowl. Made the list not only because we lost, but honestly, it was the worst played game I have ever seen. Even the Oregon State fans leaving the game declared it was a horrible game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT