ADVERTISEMENT

Well, Vader got 1 right RE: Meleek

Sounds like he will graduate in July.
Anders Holm Wow GIF

Sounds like that is the plan unless he goes to Montverde.

I agreed with Vader here. I think he said he turns 18 this summer, making him only 12 months younger than Bub Carrington but separated by 2 class years. I saw a Mock which has Meleek at #6 in 2026 so you figure he'd be lottery in 2025. Makes absolutely no sense to play at Lincoln Park or Montverde for free next year when you figure he could make around $1 million in college and get the NBA payday sooner.

It wont happen but can you imagine a Big 3 of Lowe, Bub, Thomas plus a good supporting cast? That would be a Final Four contender. But A412 is committed to ensuring our football team can reach 6 wins to lock-up a Fenway Bowl bid.

I agreed with Vader here. I think he said he turns 18 this summer, making him only 12 months younger than Bub Carrington but separated by 2 class years. I saw a Mock which has Meleek at #6 in 2026 so you figure he'd be lottery in 2025. Makes absolutely no sense to play at Lincoln Park or Montverde for free next year when you figure he could make around $1 million in college and get the NBA payday sooner.

It wont happen but can you imagine a Big 3 of Lowe, Bub, Thomas plus a good supporting cast? That would be a Final Four contender. But A412 is committed to ensuring our football team can reach 6 wins to lock-up a Fenway Bowl bid.
You forgot Cummings.

They can’t match Indiana or UK

They can’t match Indiana or UK

Indiana???? WTF

If I hear we were outbid, I am cancelling A412. Its a local lottery pick. If he wants to play at Kentucky because of Cal or because its a blue blood, fine. But I better not hear we were outbid so we can pay $500K total to Gavin Bartholomew and Nate Yarnell so we can reach the Fenway Bowl.

Indiana???? WTF

If I hear we were outbid, I am cancelling A412. Its a local lottery pick. If he wants to play at Kentucky because of Cal or because its a blue blood, fine. But I better not hear we were outbid so we can pay $500K total to Gavin Bartholomew and Nate Yarnell so we can reach the Fenway Bowl.
500k? That’s not even getting you in the door here

Reactions: rockypanther
Is he the highest rated recruit to ever come out of Western PA? Others that immediately come to mind are Danny Fortson, Maurice Lucas, and Arlen Gilliam.

If we can get some big donors involved and then Pitt fans donate to Alliance 412, then we can raise the money. You can get on board for $19.76 per month donation and that is a drop in the bucket.

Reactions: svpig1
Indiana blows. And IU fans are mad as hell that Woodson is back. They want Dusty May. If we can't outbid IU, shut down A412
Indiana has a lot of financial backing, but Woodson is going to be 66 years old and is trending down. They should have gone after Dusty May. They’ve made a myriad of bad coaching decisions over the last 25 years.

Indiana blows. And IU fans are mad as hell that Woodson is back. They want Dusty May. If we can't outbid IU, shut down A412

There are a lot more Indiana fans, and they invest a lot more money in their program than Pitt fans do in theirs.

If the only two choices are outbid Indiana for a player they really want or shut down the whole shebang, it's going to be that second one.

Seriously, you can't really think that Pitt has as much money to potentially spend on basketball than Indiana does. Football? Yeah, sure, absolutely. Basketball? Good god, no.

I agree, we shouldn’t be paying those guys 500k isnt my point. No football player is worth more than 100k on our roster. I’m saying you better at least double that to get in the door

And I agree. I'm saying that A412 should have told Narduzzi we have a once in a generation lotto pick up the street so we cant pay football this year so he has to go 3-9 cheap so we can pay Meleek then when he leaves we can break the bank on football so they can go 6-6. I swear I better not here we were outbid.

Indiana???? WTF

Bye.

And I agree. I'm saying that A412 should have told Narduzzi we have a once in a generation lotto pick up the street so we cant pay football this year so he has to go 3-9 cheap so we can pay Meleek then when he leaves we can break the bank on football so they can go 6-6. I swear I better not here we were outbid.
Terrell Pryor would have been too

Again, this is where you hope get a Tepper or Tull or Croce or Cuban or someone to put up a one time only $1 million check for Maleek. I think Bubs is going to go the NBA because I think he will be a lottery pick. That kind of shotmaking ability at such a young age at that size is a rarity.
Why would Cuban, even if he wasn’t an Indiana grad, put up money so he can come to Pitt? I get he’s from Pittsburgh but people keep throwing his name around and I have no clue why.

I could be mistake but I didn’t think Blair was recruited by the Duke, UNC, Kentucky Kansas types and that is why he ended up at Pitt?

I don't know how many blue bloods recruited Blair. However, I once heard Bruce Pearl claim he had DeJuan... Had DeJuan locked up with the parents on board & they were all overruled by Grandma at the last minute.

What was his offer sheet like?

I'm not sure a blue blood with several good options would prioritize a 6'7" 260 lb Forward with questionable knees.

Obviously was a huge get though.
Cincy, Florida, Indy, KSU, WVU, Tennessee, St John’s, Wake Forest.

Reactions: TD_6082
What was his offer sheet like?

I'm not sure a blue blood with several good options would prioritize a 6'7" 260 lb Forward with questionable knees.

Obviously was a huge get though.
Think he was closer to 6ft 4-6ft 5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT