ADVERTISEMENT

Whipple Resigns

Pretty much expected this but not until after the season. Could be to take heat off Kenny in case he decides to skip the bowl game. Would make it more understandable

Pretty much expected this but not until after the season. Could be to take heat off Kenny in case he decides to skip the bowl game. Would make it more understandable
The exact same statement is on Twitter. I think I know your Twitter account :)

Timing seems way odd. Why wouldn’t he at least coach in the peach bowl? I don’t like the feel of this. We’ll see what the rest of the story looks like when it comes out.
If it’s true, it does seem odd. Especially if it’s to go somewhere like Nebraska?
Was he recruiting Purdy for Nebraska?

Exactly the first thought that came to my mind. Otherwise, why not stick it out through early signing day and the bowl game?

All in all, this isn't the worst thing in the world. If his offense truly does take multiple years to master, the timing would be bad to bring a newby QB in (we're poised to strike now, damnit!). And we should probably gear ourselves up to run the ball a bit more. We have the horses in place for that.

But I'm also not about to downplay what he did for us. This year was big, and he has a lot to do with it. Perhaps more than any other assistant coach when you consider his development of Pickett.

Timing seems way odd. Why wouldn’t he at least coach in the peach bowl? I don’t like the feel of this. We’ll see what the rest of the story looks like when it comes out.

makes no sense to not coach in the bowl, even if he goes to another program. what's the point of being there? no kid is signing to play at *insert school here* at this point b/c of mark whipple. head scratcher.

My first thought was glad Pitt for once doesn't have the season riding on the bowl game....

makes no sense to not coach in the bowl, even if he goes to another program. what's the point of being there? no kid is signing to play at *insert school here* at this point b/c of mark whipple. head scratcher.

If he truly is going to another school, I could see them wanting him before early signing day. He has some clout under his belt after this season when it comes to recruiting a QB and wide receivers (either high schoolers or transfer guys).

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That is really bad news. If he was just retiring, he wouldn't resign now, he'd coach in the Peach Bowl.

If it isn't a health concern, he got poached. NFL? Or LSU OC?

Chubba Hubbard "not pleased".

Reactions: singregardless
he was just recruiting last night? this is really weird. i wonder how KP feels? wonder if this chanages KP's decision to play.

Typical Lair reaction: he sucked anyway. It was all Kenny, Whip was just along for the ride.

LMAO. So predictable, and so dumb.

What's next, the old tried and true narrative that all the criticism of he took on the Lair the past couple years caused him to leave?

Izzy and the rest of RBs probably celebrating
Maybe. Narduzzi doesn't seem like a pass-happy guy, but he was okay with it for one year because of Pickett.

Or maybe Whipple is just tired of the grind and felt like winning the ACC was the goal. Why spend the next few weeks preparing for an exhibition game when you can be with the family for Christmas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT