ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s Soccer Recruits

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
There was a tweet posted identifying an 8 woman class, but so far nothing on the University website discussing them. I’m sure EJ will get around to it — today was a very busy day — but in the interim does anyone have any information or insight as to how the new coach did in the very limited time he had to assemble a class?

Was wondering exactly the same thing...

I believe Mariona Segales Ylla is from Spain.

Bethany Rasile is from the town of Niles, OH (near Cleveland)... She's a Central Midfielder who was committed to Pitt prior to Randy Waldrum's arrival...

Madeline Gravante is from NY...

That's all I have...

I’m not so sure that Waldrum had much time to get new kids in. I say that from my general knowledge of the women’s game. The kids commit at such a young age (14 or 15) and generally don’t flip commitments. It’s just not part of that culture.

The first class that he will likely be able to call his own won’t likely be until 2020.

Googled Bethany Rasile. She is a forward and scored a ton of goals in HS. But no idea of caliber of league she played in. There are two posted videos of her scoring, and in both she was unmarked. The good news is that she roofed both shots inside the far post, correctly anticipating that the GK would be protecting the near post.

By the way, her younger brother is first team all-State B.B. player. Again, no idea of the level. He apparently is a shooting guard and lights out outside shooter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT