ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Exhibition Game

Joe the Panther Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Jul 6, 2001
Given the level of competition it means pretty much nothing, but the women beat Point Park tonight in an exhibition game, 117-49.

Yes, 117.

I guess the good news is that last year Pitt would have had a hard time scoring 117 if the opponent played with four players. And one of the four had a broken leg.

• Haha
Reactions: jctrack
Some of the newcomers like Jordan and Perkins looked okay. Was pretty wild to watch how many shots and layups they were making lol. Only had 10 players dressed too.

Only had 10 players dressed too.

That might be all that are eligible. Raeven Boswell would need a wavier to be able to play this year, because she entered the portal after the deadline to be eligible for this season. And I don't know this for a fact, but Ioanna Chatzileonti has to be in the same boat, because she originally signed to transfer to Oklahoma State, and then later ended up here, so I can't believe that she was in the portal in time either.

Last edited:
Reactions: gary2
I went to the practice last Saturday.

— A couple of the portal players look like they will be an improvement in the paint – I know, a low bar - at least they will be more physical. Jordan, at a stout 6-2, seemed to shoot 3s surprisingly well. Ayodele, a stout 6-1, was doing a decent job of scoring in the paint.

—Loanna didn’t participate- they said due to an injury. She was suited-up and working the heavy ropes over in the corner.

—Gabby Hutchinson was working strictly with the guards. Makes sense, even though she’s 6-2. She was making 3s in 5-on-5 action.

—Coach Verdi was tough on them - lots of running the floor when drills didn’t go right. Coach yelled “It has to be perfect” a few times. Maybe we see more disciplined play…

—Biggest concern is the inexperience of the point guards…

Go Pitt.

If I'm not mistaken Verdi said in an interview that Ioanna Chatzileonti and Raeven Boswell were waiting. As they're going through the waiver process and waiting to be cleared. "That was 9/27"

A couple of the portal players look like they will be an improvement in the paint – I know, a low bar - at least they will be more physical. Jordan, at a stout 6-2, seemed to shoot 3s surprisingly well. Ayodele, a stout 6-1, was doing a decent job of scoring in the paint.

—Loanna didn’t participate- they said due to an injury. She was suited-up and working the heavy ropes over in the corner.

—Gabby Hutchinson was working strictly with the guards. Makes sense, even though she’s 6-2. She was making 3s in 5-on-5 action.
Well, you've seen them in person, so that's helpful.
Last yr's team as we all know, went with forwards inside
and it was a mismatch in ACC play. The transfers you
mentioned might be an improvement, we'll see. Loanna
hopefully gets eligible as this team needs all the help it
can get "in the paint.". Gabby Hutherson 6'2" playing on
the outside is not a surprise to me. She can hit the three
as you stated. However she's physically not strong and
other than an occasional rebound is better on the wing.
King should have a good yr. She's proved she can play
at the ACC level. I wish she were a few inches taller.

The guards are really going to be challenged IMO.
They have #'rs, but they're young. This is mostly what I
remember from last yr. Let's see what the transfers and
h.s. recruits can add to this program that is almost
starting from scratch. Hopefully they and the new coach
can get them in sync and actually show some improved
bball.

Yeah, I shoulda checked spelling out on her profile. I
went with a spelling shown on an above post. By the way,
it's better I didn't use her last name. Check THAT out on
her profile. More importantly, she appears to be a strong
rebounder and maybe an inside presence. This team really