ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling's Future

Paco, what I do know is that you can be very specific with your donations. I'm sure others know this as well. I've made donations directly to restricted funds for a team and for the construction of a specific team's facilities. With wrestling, I'm waiting, like everyone else, to hear who we hire. I've made it known that I would commit a certain dollar amount over the life of the coach's contract if that person was any one of a very short list of candidates, a difference maker that all of us on this thread would agree could elevate our program to the top tier. I was hoping that others would follow my lead at an amount manageable to each and perhaps let me know the amount via an email so I could pass the aggregate amount to the people involved. Those dollars could either help put together an attractive salary package or pay for some of the upgrades we all know are needed. Could the athletic department cover all this on their own? I don't know but I sure hope so. The dollars involved aren't huge so an alumni effort here could be very impactful.

I'm not sure why the athletic department wouldn't set up something like the Football Championship Fund (http://www.questforten.com/) to make it easy for people interested in supporting other sports to do so. Questions about whether you can specify...or how you can specify...donations to specific areas come up all the time. It should be easy to set up. Seriously easy. With your inquires, they should be spurred to do so considering they should be trying to build support for a new start.

But then, their main "Donate Today" link on the PittsburghPanthers.com website doesn't even work, so...

Last edited:
They may well be doing that Paco. I haven't asked how to direct my donation. Too early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT