ADVERTISEMENT

WSOC - Now ranked in all 3 polls!

This is a really big game tonight. On the road, first ACC game of the season, against a typically top five ACC conference and nationally ranked team. I’m surprised Clemson isn’t top 25 currently. Had a big win against South Carolina, and lost to two good teams in Georgia and Texas am.
now is where this team can show just how far along they really are and if the ranking is accurate. Pitt women must compete well against a very respected Clemson team.

ACC has 3 of top 4, 4 of top 7, and then Pitt inside the top 25.

Unreal just how good the ACC is. Clemson will be in top 25. Tonight is a great test. They will need Amanda West at 100%
Glad to see PItt Athletics official Twitter tweeting about Amanda West- hopefully a sign she’s healthy

Pitt did not look good at all in the first half. Played better in the second half. West was obviously feeling the effects of her injury late in the game, but they left her in the whole second half. I think they should have subbed her out for 10 minutes or so somewhere along the line, but my guess is that since they were losing 1-0 they left her in hoping she could create some magic.

Oh, and the penalty called on Pitt which led to the second Clemson goal was a bad call. Really, really bad. Eventually the game announcers noticed how bad a call it was and they both agreed that it was not a foul, and decided that because of the angle the ref had she got fooled into thinking that it was.

Reactions: HOF Coach
As I said Clemson will be top 25, and after tonight will replace Pitt on the list. The next few games for Pitt women won’t be easy, next 5 games may end up with 1 win and 4 loses. Florida state, Miami, VT, UNC, and Duke. That is brutal. FSU away, Miami away, Duke away.

Is the schedule on the Pitt website wrong? It shows two conference home matches and five away. If that is correct, where was Lyke? That’s simply an abomination.

Is the schedule on the Pitt website wrong? It shows two conference home matches and five away. If that is correct, where was Lyke? That’s simply an abomination.

I'm guessing it's wrong if what you are saying is true because the final 3 games in October are all at home. They have 5 home and 5 away.

No, they have home conference games against VT, Wake, UNC, BC, and NC State.
but what really sucks is the next chunk of games that will really determine how they have to finish. Of all the conference games, I only truly see a win against Miami, Syracuse and BC. a toss up against NC State, but all others potential losses.

Were you referring to Waldo Lyke? 🤔

Did you miss a page or something, because the schedule on the Pitt website is correct. Five conference home games and five conference away games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT