ADVERTISEMENT

WSOC vs Florida State Info

Been a somewhat evenly played match. Anyones game. Who will be the hero?

Reactions: Chaos
Really good game so far. Pitts back line has been tested but up to the task. FSU has had the better chances but pitt showing they belong. Anyone's game

I thought first 25 minutes were pretty even. FSU was more effective the last 20 minutes. Their defense is really good. It seems like every time you beat your defender there is another one there to stop you. I think what they do is not put anyone to mark the midfielders on the far side away from the play. That lets them double a lot. We didn’t have a shot in the last 15 minutes.

To beat it I think you have to run one of those far side midfielders into the box. It’s dangerous if you lose the ball. But if you can get it in to them you should have a scoring opportunity.

We did a better job than we did the last match of stopping them in the transition. Their best chance in that half came on a terrible giveaway by one of the Pitt defenders almost at the top of the box.

Fsu has been much more dangerous in the 2nd. Handball was legit call. Pitt really isn't getting it deep into the fsu end

Clearly a handball. Unfortunate but the correct call.

That second penalty foul was just an atrocious play by #16. Don’t know who she is but that was absolutely terrible.

That was just a terrible foul. I wonder if the player that fouled (wells) is playing due to the spot opened up by Pais departure.

Clearly a handball. Unfortunate but the correct call.

That second penalty foul was just an atrocious play by #16. Don’t know who she is but that was absolutely terrible.
Freshman from North Allegheny.

She is a Forward. No way she should be plowing into a player from behind at full speed in the box.
Gotta wonder why Pais left the program for her 5th year. I’m sure that goal felt good to her.

so what's the team look like for next year? we graduating a lot of seniors?

so what's the team look like for next year? we graduating a lot of seniors?
well, we lose Mertz and West. So that’s significant. Hard to replace the all time leader of the program. Most of the other pieces are returning. This could be the year the staff gets a couple key replacements out of the portal.

The program has arrived. This is two years in a row now winning games in the NCAA. I don’t foresee it going backwards under this regime.

well, we lose Mertz and West. So that’s significant. Hard to replace the all time leader of the program. Most of the other pieces are returning. This could be the year the staff gets a couple key replacements out of the portal.

The program has arrived. This is two years in a row now winning games in the NCAA. I don’t foresee it going backwards under this regime.

thanks. but we could've said the same thing about the men's team at this time last year. not that they had a bad season but they were a shell of themselves in relation to the previous two years.

Reactions: jctrack and Chaos
thanks. but we could've said the same thing about the men's team at this time last year. not that they had a bad season but they were a shell of themselves in relation to the previous two years.
Well, the men’s team lost by far its two best players from last season to pro soccer, but it also lost a bunch of other seniors who were important pieces.

The difference is that Waldrum doesn’t recruit much from Europe and he knows what he has coming back and what he needs. He either thinks he got it in the incoming recruiting class or he will try to get it in the portal. Jay recruits so heavily in Europe and I think the new overseas players he got this past season were for the most part underwhelming. You notice there was no story about Pitt’s early signees in the men’s program because there likely weren’t any.

I think although the men overall have had more success than the women, the women’s program now is on a more stable footing. Randy signed 4 defenders, which is where we need the most help. Hopefully, he added speed there because that hurt us against FSU.

Reactions: pitt90seven
Well, the men’s team lost by far its two best players from last season to pro soccer, but it also lost a bunch of other seniors who were important pieces.

The difference is that Waldrum doesn’t recruit much from Europe and he knows what he has coming back and what he needs. He either thinks he got it in the incoming recruiting class or he will try to get it in the portal. Jay recruits so heavily in Europe and I think the new overseas players he got this past season were for the most part underwhelming. You notice there was no story about Pitt’s early signees in the men’s program because there likely weren’t any.

I think although the men overall have had more success than the women, the women’s program now is on a more stable footing. Randy signed 4 defenders, which is where we need the most help. Hopefully, he added speed there because that hurt us against FSU.

I watched the first men's game this season and knew they were screwed. just didn't have any juice.

the men's and women's games are so different b/c the women in the US are pretty darn good versus International. versus the men/boys who are straight up rat-ass compared to what the Europeans produce. jay and the other p5 coaches HAVE to recruit Europe. women's coaches don't need to as much.

Reactions: jctrack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT