ADVERTISEMENT

WSOC vs ND ACC Tournament, Round 1

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
On ACC Network live. Scoreless after 17 minutes.

ND is huge. I think their shortest player is as tall as our tallest. For that reason, IMO it is bad strategy for the Pitt goalie to send every goal kick long. ND is winning most of them in the air.

I’m hoping Pitt is quicker.

Match pretty even so far.

Is Amanda West redshirting with injury? I haven't heard her mentioned, and checked the Pitt site, and she's only played in 6 games this season. Thanks in advance for any info.

My daughter plays against the ND defenders sister. Hudson. The sister is a 2024 and considered a top 20 player. We all assumed she would join her sister but hasn’t committed anywhere. She’s over 6 feet tall and strong as an ox. Great goal scorer. She would be a handful for Pitt if she makes her way to ND.

Reactions: jctrack and Fk_Pitt
Is Amanda West redshirting with injury? I haven't heard her mentioned, and checked the Pitt site, and she's only played in 6 games this season. Thanks in advance for any info.
I thought I read a few weeks ago that Amanda West was indeed returning in 2023.

We'll see...

Last edited:
Reactions: Fk_Pitt

They change the rules all the time, but I don't think she gets a redshirt for this season. Unless they changed the rule, you can't play in any games in the second half of the season (which she did not) and you cannot play in more than 30% of your team's games. She played six of 18, 33%. Which unless they changed the rule is one too many.

ND dominated last 30 minutes but still 0-0 at half time. They had 4 or 5 good scoring chances. But 3 shots right at the Pitt GK; skied 2 over the crossbar. I don’t think Pitt has a SOG.

They change the rules all the time, but I don't think she gets a redshirt for this season. Unless they changed the rule, you can't play in any games in the second half of the season (which she did not) and you cannot play in more than 30% of your team's games. She played six of 18, 33%. Which unless they changed the rule is one too many.
Is she injured?

ND dominated last 30 minutes but still 0-0 at half time. They had 4 or 5 good scoring chances. But 3 shots right at the Pitt GK; skied 2 over the crossbar. I don’t think Pitt has a SOG.

Game stats say ND outshot Pitt 11-2 overall and 4-1 in shots on goal.

But that's not her getting a redshirt. She was active in the covid year, which means that she can play five years without a redshirt.

If she actually can get a redshirt for this season then she would be allowed to play six years, not four or even five.
Correction made in my previous posting. Thanks...

Reactions: Chaos
The Pitt “SOG” was an attempted cross that the ND goalie came out and caught.

I wasn't watching at the very beginning of the game, so I did not see it. The Game Log says it was at 6:04 of the half and was a shot to the bottom center by Mertz.

Is she injured?
This team has essentially achieved everything this season without her. Without looking, it was pretty much the entire ACC schedule if not most of it.

1-0 ND. Nice cross to player left wide open by Pitt defense.

Occurred about 1 minute after Pitt’s best chance. Cross right through goal mouth to Bout, unmarked to left of goal. Just needed to one-time it on goal. Instead she tried to settle it, giving ND defenders time to react, and it got blocked.

1-1. Long free kick by Pitt into the box. GK and defender collided, ball landed at feet of Pitt player who tapped it in from 1 meter out.

I almost want my school’s team, who has players and coaches I know personally, to lose this game just so I don’t have to hear that idiot in the crowd and he goes home unhappy.

• Sad
Reactions: Chaos
It feels like Pitt was the more dangerous team the last 15minutes or so.

Overtime. 1-1.

With 3 minutes left Pais had a header from a free kick almost in the same place as the one Pitt scored on. Had GK beat. Just wide.

It looks like Coffield is playing Sweeper. Haven’t seen one of those since Beckenbauer.

Reactions: jham65
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT