ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Podcast previews the Brawl

Pittam

Scholarship
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2018

Interesting, mostly fair discussion I think. They both pick WV to win a close game but still overall I felt they kept the Bias down. Nothing really groundbreaking but a few of their points:

1. They really harped on the losses of a Pickett and Addison. Said our offense has to regress somewhat.
2. They Really think their biggest advantage is Slovis being poor under pressure, so getting to him and putting us in 2nd and 3rd and longs. They kinda touched on it, but conveniently sort of brushed past the fact that we return our entire Oline. Which they admitted was pretty solid last year
3. Apparently they really struggled with covering tight ends last year, and are concerned about GB
4. They were pretty complimentary of our RB’s and in general unimpressed with our WR’s
5. On the other side of the ball, they are very concerned about our Dline. They also return everybody on the Oline, but their line was really bad last year.
6. They think if Daniels has time (Big if) he can have success against our secondary and linebackers.
7. not gonna go into the attendance talk but it’s exactly what you would expect.
8. Honestly a lot of their talking points about their offense reminded me of the off-season before Whipple’s first year after Watson. A lot of hope of “it has to get better”. Maybe it will, maybe it won’t but it seems they have a lot of wishful thinking on the offensive side of the ball.

The biggest thing for me was honestly hearing them say this is their biggest game since 2018. Thought that was interesting. Obviously not the case for us but it highlights how mediocre they’ve been for the last 4 years

Reactions: StringerBell2007
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News