ADVERTISEMENT

You don’t have a choice but to fire Narduzzi

Purdue_Panther

Sophomore
Nov 7, 2005
His defense is average at best and the offense is a work in progress 6 years in. He is recruiting better but the results on the field don’t cut it.

Pitt will go with another pro style coach but I hope they go with a more innovative coach. Graham wasn’t the right choice but I prefer to miss that way versus continuing to try to replicate a pro style offense in college:

Narduzzi will be around for the 2021 season but his coaches hot seat rating has a red indicator. If we play this poorly against BC, imagine the Miami, Notre Dame, and Clemson.

We are we finished paying for Stallings?

I personally like the aggressive def. I like HCPN and have defended him in the pass often. Win or lose this game. Offensive staff must go. Keep WR coach for recruiting. Try again 6 years is way too long to get an offense. They have enough talent to do everything BC or Louisville does. Shocky, Izzy, KP, Mack would all make plays for those offenses. Let alone the freshman receivers coming along.

I personally like the aggressive def. I like HCPN and have defended him in the pass often. Win or lose this game. Offensive staff must go. Keep WR coach for recruiting. Try again 6 years is way too long to get an offense. They have enough talent to do everything BC or Louisville does. Shocky, Izzy, KP, Mack would all make plays for those offenses. Let alone the freshman receivers coming along.
So you like aggressive defenses, but not good ones?

I don't see the recruiting picking up at all. I don't go by players star ratings. I go by results on the field. So either his recruits are really better and Narduzzi and his coaches are crappy coaches, or the recruits are bad and nobody could help them. I think it's somewhere between the two....the coaches are terrible and the recruits aren't bad and will show they are pretty decent when they play for a good coach somewhere else.

It's time for Narduzzi to take his stale act to YSU or somewhere around Youngstown where he can't do any more damage to what used to be a major program.

So you like aggressive defenses, but not good ones?

1st. I don't believe you can sit back and allow the offense to dictate in today's college football. With that said you will give up plays. Football is more like basketball (no game is ending 2-0 people score). I think that we all want to be hard on the defense because they give up "bombs", but no one wants to realize how much they are on the field and how much pressure they have on them with this horrible offense. Idk if that answers your question, but the offense is so bad it not only stinks itself but negatively effects the defense too. We would be 5-0 running the triple option (we are that level of bad).

All the talk about the great defense. They folded. Plain and simple. They folded. That's what they do under Narduzzi... you get a few good series but in the end there was no pass rush when it was needed most. The DC made a bad play call on 3rd and 10. He probably should be fired as well.

This defense has a long way to go to get to average. They’re absolutely horrendous. The offense has playmakers, but nobody can catch the ball. Hard to say the RBs aren’t good because the o-line is completely incapable of simply not getting eaten alive in their own backfield.

This program is a complete disaster right now, and there’s absolutely no reason it should be anywhere near this bad. In a non-COVID world, Narduzzi would have to go now. As it is, he’s at least finishing the season. There is not one good thing left to say about what he’s doing with the program though... not one.

but this team isnt getting past 5 with a supposed good defense and a decent qb. No need to fire Narduzzi...the results wont change without him,.and he'll leave on his own at some point anyway.

There were a lot of plays that didn't go our way and alot of calls that shifted the outcome but our kids fought with everything they had and are probably hurting way more than us right now. They lost 2 games by 1 point each. I m not giving up on them because they haven't given up. Have a drink, watch the Miami game, and come back next week ready to root for OUR boys.

There were a lot of plays that didn't go our way and alot of calls that shifted the outcome but our kids fought with everything they had and are probably hurting way more than us right now. They lost 2 games by 1 point each. I m not giving up on them because they haven't given up. Have a drink, watch the Miami game, and come back next week ready to root for OUR boys.
Playing hard and giving it all you got doesn’t mean much. They are staring at a 3-8 season

The biggest problem is teams around us are getting better. Narduzzi’s only hope is to get a new innovative OC, and some good young recruiters on the offensive side of the ball. The current staff configuration isn’t getting it done.

Even a mediocre defense doesn't give up 31 points to a bad BC team. They're not good at all. What does that say about our overhyped defense?

We all know Narduzzi isn't getting fired this year. He'll maybe get this team to win another 2 or 3 games, if that. Next year is a different story. If he can't get us to 9+ wins next year, not including a bowl game, his ride is over.

Reactions: 303vND
Even a mediocre defense doesn't give up 31 points to a bad BC team. They're not good at all. What does that say about our overhyped defense?

We all know Narduzzi isn't getting fired this year. He'll maybe get this team to win another 2 or 3 games, if that. Next year is a different story. If he can't get us to 9+ wins next year, not including a bowl game, his ride is over.

He’s signed through 2024 isn’t he?

I can see them buying out a year, maybe two.. but three years?

Reactions: CougarClaws
The biggest problem is teams around us are getting better. Narduzzi’s only hope is to get a new innovative OC, and some good young recruiters on the offensive side of the ball. The current staff configuration isn’t getting it done.

This all makes perfect sense...

What is wrong w/ you idiots? No one is getting fired in the Covid season. Deal with it.
He probably won’t get fired this year, but not because of covid. There will plenty of coaches fired at the end of this season, just like other seasons.
He won’t get fired because he has a contract through 2024 and we’re still paying Stallings.
That’s the only reason he’s safe this year.

He probably won’t get fired this year, but not because of covid. There will plenty of coaches fired at the end of this season, just like other seasons.
He won’t get fired because he has a contract through 2024 and we’re still paying Stallings.

He won't get fired...

You couldn't be more wrong. Our Universities are in serious danger from this Pandemic. They've already lost so much $$, and will continue to post big losses the next year, or three. The international student market in particular is vulnerable to both Pandemics and anti-imigration politics. That's a sweet spot for Pitt unfortunately.

The only schools making coaching changes the next year or two will be the ones pulling in double and triple and quadruple the fundraising that Pitt does.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Looking into my Cristobal(aka crystal ball), 2023 brings Joe Moorhead back to his beloved Pittsburgh to take over the Pitt program. Pitt uses the revenue gained from Pitt basketball’s return to top 10 prominence and the ACC network’s contract with Comcast/Nexfinity(after their merger with Netflix) to lure Moorhead home to create a more exciting college football product not seen In Pittsburgh since the 1980s.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT