ADVERTISEMENT

You get one wish for Pitt football....

In all fairness, Enabler U cried like they were the victims and the sanctions were lessened even though they should have received the death penalty from the gutless ncaa! Yes the revolving door of coaches did hurt us!

I wish we didn’t have a revolving door of coaches during PSU’s sanctioned years. If we coulda had just a little bit of stability during that time, we might have overtaken them as the premier program in the state. They were down for the count, and we just couldn’t capitalize.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
I'd wish for a 45K, state of the art stadium in Oakland in the mold of the beautiful stadiums in Minneapolis and Baylor. Unattainable but it is a wish.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
In all fairness, Enabler U cried like they were the victims and the sanctions were lessened even though they should have received the death penalty from the gutless ncaa! Yes the revolving door of coaches did hurt us!

Yes, but their bowl ban didn’t get lifted until 2015, I think, and their scandal dropped in late 2011. There were 3-4 years there where they were handicapped, recruiting wise, and couldn’t pull in the elite ones. THIS is where I wish we had capitalized.

Thank you for your concern for Pitt FB!

Yes, but their bowl ban didn’t get lifted until 2015, I think, and their scandal dropped in late 2011. There were 3-4 years there where they were handicapped, recruiting wise, and couldn’t pull in the elite ones. THIS is where I wish we had capitalized.

And if anyone remembers... Bozo extended Foge in ‘84 only to fire him a year and a half later. Followed by a disaster of a coaching search where former Pitt assistants under Sherrill took turns falling over each other insisting they had no interest in the job.

Reactions: pittmeister
Can you imagine going from Sherrill to Fazio!

And if anyone remembers... Bozo extended Foge in ‘84 only to fire him a year and a half later. Followed by a disaster of a coaching search where former Pitt assistants under Sherrill took turns falling over each other insisting they had no interest in the job.

I would have 2: That we had a much, much larger fan base on par with the big boys. Our core fan base is awesome, passionate and wild. Sadly, there is just not a lot of us remaining at this point anymore it seems.

Another one would be for Pitt to win a national championship within the next 10-15 years. Our time is coming, eventually.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT