ADVERTISEMENT

Your thoughts on Dokish's potential/dream starting lineups in 2016 & 2017

pittpitt

Freshman
Nov 30, 2002
Dokish tweeted the below as his dream or potential starting lineups the next 2 seasons. Bold players are not (yet) committed to Pitt. Your thoughts?

QB: Peterman
RB: Ollison, Sanders (may flip from PSU)
FB: Aston
WR: Flowers
WR: Winfree (likely to transfer to Pitt)
TE: Orndoff
LT: Bisnowaty
LG: Johnson
C: Officer
RG: Bookser
RT: O'Neill

DE: Hendrix
DT: Jarrett
DT: ?
DE: Price (may get 6th year of eligibility)
OLB: McKee/Caprara
MLB: Galambos
OLB: Bradley
CB: Maddox
CB: ?
FS: Webb, Mitchell
SS: Whitehead

2016 Thoughts: If Ford is our 3rd best WR next year, then we're in a good position with receivers (including Orndoff), although Flowers & Winfree are still unknown quantities. The OL could show dramatic improvement, especially if Jones-Smith comes back at full strength and if Grimm and/or Bookser live up to potential. Some NFL draft sites are recommending Conner returns, which would give us the deepest group of RB's in Pitt history. On D, our DT position is a total ? after Jarrett, and hopefully our other DB spot is manned by Hamlin (still have to get him) or Mitchell; that 4th DB spot will be crucial to our success due to how much our scheme leans on them, and how many receiving and penalty yards are directly attributed to LPitts. With Blair and Soto as back-ups, we would have amazing depth at the DE spot.

QB: MacVittie
RB: Sanders
WR: Winfree
TE: Clark
LT: Jones-Smith
LG: ?

DE: Edwards
OLB: McKee
MLB: Wirgins
OLB: Pine/Pugh/Brightwell
CB: Hamlin
FS: Ford

2017 Thoughts: The O could be really dangerous if MacVittie is as fast as advertised and an efficiency freak in his first year starting like he is right now (4.51 @ 6-4/215, 22 TD/1 int as 1st year starter in very high level HS league coming off an injury), our RB position is settled (Sanders = settled, Ollison/James/Hall = still pretty good), we get receiving transfers Winfree and Clark, and that OL adds some depth (we've added three 3* OL with '15&'16 classes, that's it). The big issue on D beyond 2015 is the DT position. Are any of the young guys or recruits capable of standing up run blocking and/or providing some push on passing downs? If Narduzzi keeps picking up the athletes next to and behind the DT, they won't have to be superstars, just serviceable.

Last edited:
Dokish tweeted the below as his dream or potential starting lineups the next 2 seasons. Bold players are not (yet) committed to Pitt. Your thoughts?

QB: Peterman
RB: Ollison, Sanders (may flip from PSU)
FB: Aston
WR: Winfree (likely to transfer to Pitt)
TE: Orndoff
LT: Bisnowaty
LG: Johnson

2016 Thoughts: If Ford is our 3rd best WR next year, then we're in a good position with receivers (including Orndoff), although Flowers & Winfree are still unknown quantities. The OL could show dramatic improvement, especially if Jones-Smith comes back at full strength and if Grimm and/or Bookser live up to potential. Some NFL draft sites are recommending Conner returns, which would give us the deepest group of RB's in Pitt history. On D, our DT position is a total ? after Jarrett, and hopefully our other DB spot is manned by Hamlin (still have to get him) or Mitchell; that 4th DB spot will be crucial to our success due to how much our scheme leans on them, and how many receiving and penalty yards are directly attributed to LPitts. With Blair and Soto as back-ups, we would have amazing depth at the DE spot.

QB: MacVittie
RB: Sanders
WR: Winfree
TE: Clark
LT: Jones-Smith
LG: ?

DE: Edwards
OLB: McKee
MLB: Wirgins
OLB: Pine/Pugh/Brightwell
CB: Hamlin
FS: Ford

2017 Thoughts: The O could be really dangerous if MacVittie is as fast as advertised and an efficiency freak in his first year starting like he is right now, our RB position is settled (Sanders = settled, Ollison/James/Hall = still pretty good), we get receiving transfers Winfree and Clark, and that OL adds some depth. The big issue on D beyond 2015 is the DT position. Are any of the young guys or recruits capable of standing up run blocking and/or providing some push on passing downs? If Narduzzi keeps picking up the athletes next to and behind the DT, they won't have to be superstars, just serviceable.
Very enjoyable read and predictions and with good knowledge and information. Others will have better comments and I will look forward to their expertise as well.:cool:

I'm a pretty optimistic guy, but I seriously doubt Flowers as a freshman will be a better option than Ford next year.

In 1.5 years, how many TD's does he have? How many catches last year? How many this year?

There is playing time to be had with Flowers coming in.

I'm a pretty optimistic guy, but I seriously doubt Flowers as a freshman will be a better option than Ford next year.

Reactions: Pghfan
Wow, super optimistic on the Sanders flip. Assuming he comes, would you automatically put him ahead of James/Hall from the jump? I mean, they were 4*'s as well and will have 3 and 2 yrs under their belts respectively. If he blows them away in camp, fine. But I'd like to see him redshirt and use the year learning and lifting. Don't forget Ibrahim will be back for an established 3rd down presence. Crowded stable = good problem to have....

In 1.5 years, how many TD's does he have? How many catches last year? How many this year?

There is playing time to be had with Flowers coming in.

He has more then Flowers does at the D1 level.... And ford is improving every week.

Ford, Challingsworth, Weah, and Zeise are MAC WRs. If Flowers or Winfree cant beat them out, they aint that good.

Ridiculous comment... Zeise is a freshman! Give the kid some time to develop fcs!

I'm pretty sure Ford will end up starting, but if not, that's great because it will mean we have at least a decent WR on the field.

your talking about ford like he's a stud. hell, he came to pitt from syracuse he didn't even get a ship right away.

if a wr is good, it doesn't take 2-3 years to make plays(like zeise).

Aint happening but I'd like to see two adjustments to that 2016 list. Boyd and Conner in a joint presser announce they are returning for their senior years making thinly veiled shots at Penn State when asked for reasons why they chose to stay.

You guys are acting like Flowers is going to come in here and be our savior... I hope he is a good player, but most likely it's not going to happen his first year.

Ford will most likely be a starter next year, and I'm not willing to say Zeise is "MAC level" when he is a freshman fcs! Ridiculous!

If Ford is our #1 WR next year, we are in for a loooong year.. I am not able to predict an incoming freshman or two passing him on the depth chart but I am able to say with confidence, we are screwed if he is #1..

You guys are acting like Flowers is going to come in here and be our savior... I hope he is a good player, but most likely it's not going to happen his first year.

Ford will most likely be a starter next year, and I'm not willing to say Zeise is "MAC level" when he is a freshman fcs! Ridiculous!

WR, along with RB, are the two positions where true FR can come in and make an immediate impact. Think AB, Fitz, Baldwin, Boyd......

If Ford is our #1 WR next year, we are in for a loooong year.. I am not able to predict an incoming freshman or two passing him on the depth chart but I am able to say with confidence, we are screwed if he is #1..

If we get Winfree I'm pretty sure he will be #1. But Winfree has shown he can play at this level.

I think ford will be the #2 WR. At least to start the season.

WR, along with RB, are the two positions where true FR can come in and make an immediate impact. Think AB, Fitz, Baldwin, Boyd......

Right, it definitely can happen. I just don't think it's going to, but who knows? Maybe toward mid season?

Last edited:
Wow, super optimistic on the Sanders flip. Assuming he comes, would you automatically put him ahead of James/Hall from the jump? I mean, they were 4*'s as well and will have 3 and 2 yrs under their belts respectively. If he blows them away in camp, fine. But I'd like to see him redshirt and use the year learning and lifting. Don't forget Ibrahim will be back for an established 3rd down presence. Crowded stable = good problem to have....
There are good running backs and there are great running backs. Conner is a great running back. Ollison, James and Hall are good running backs. Sanders has the potential to be better than all of them.

I think the missing DT in 2016 is red-shirt freshman Connor Dintino. He's now listed as 6-3 and 310 pounds. He's got some quickness and certainly has the size.

I was impressed in his video by how quick he moves once the ball was snapped - he was always the first defender off the ball...

Go Pitt.

Aint happening but I'd like to see two adjustments to that 2016 list. Boyd and Conner in a joint presser announce they are returning for their senior years making thinly veiled shots at Penn State when asked for reasons why they chose to stay.

No thinly veiled shots at Ped State -- only overt shots. First they trade "yo momma"-style jokes about Franklin. Then Conner pulls a chord which opens the curtains behind them, and the band is there immediately breaking into the complete Pitt Victory Song, and Conner & Boyd loudly yell "Penn State sucks! Penn State sucks! P-E-N-N-S-T sucks!" while coaxing the media to join them; Narduzzi joins them on stage during this part. They rip open their button downs to reveal t-shirts of Calvin pissing on the Ped State lion logo that they bought for $10 as freshmen. Then they guarantee a Ditka-esque annihilation of Ped State, saying it is each of their personal goals in life to score as many TD's as possible against the lions--no less than 5 each--and they will ensure the 1st-team offense remains on the field in the dying moments of a blowout to embarrass the lions to the point fans have to cover their children's eyes. Boyd finishes the conference by calmly stating "Our hatred for PSU burns hotter than Paterno in Hell," then they run out of the room with the fury of The Ultimate Warrior.

JJ-S starting at right tackle with O'Neil as a jumbo tight end and Pitt pounds the ball 50 times a game with Ollison, Sanders and whoever else. O'Neil flips to the left side in 2017.

No thinly veiled shots at Ped State -- only overt shots. First they trade "yo momma"-style jokes about Franklin. Then Conner pulls a chord which opens the curtains behind them, and the band is there immediately breaking into the complete Pitt Victory Song, and Conner & Boyd loudly yell "Penn State sucks! Penn State sucks! P-E-N-N-S-T sucks!" while coaxing the media to join them; Narduzzi joins them on stage during this part. They rip open their button downs to reveal t-shirts of Calvin pissing on the Ped State lion logo that they bought for $10 as freshmen. Then they guarantee a Ditka-esque annihilation of Ped State, saying it is each of their personal goals in life to score as many TD's as possible against the lions--no less than 5 each--and they will ensure the 1st-team offense remains on the field in the dying moments of a blowout to embarrass the lions to the point fans have to cover their children's eyes. Boyd finishes the conference by calmly stating "Our hatred for PSU burns hotter than Paterno in Hell," then they run out of the room with the fury of The Ultimate Warrior.

But not before "No Chance in H@LL" starts blaring and out comes Vince McMahon to announce he's Pitt's new benefactor. Renderings of Vinny Mac Stadium to open in 2017 are then shown on the "Titan Tron."

Reactions: pittpitt
I think the missing DT in 2016 is red-shirt freshman Connor Dintino. He's now listed as 6-3 and 310 pounds. He's got some quickness and certainly has the size.

I was impressed in his video by how quick he moves once the ball was snapped - he was always the first defender off the ball...

I checked his Hudl clips and agree he shows great burst for his size, plus I'm impressed that he was a nationally ranked wrestler in high school. Here are a few questions about Dintino that I'd love to hear some answers to from anyone who might know:

1) Has he played at all this season as a redshirt freshman?
2) He had great size in HS and those clips showing speed - Why are his only other offers UConn, Buffalo, Holy Cross, and Villanova? Why didn't Boston College offer him considering he was up in New England?
3) The Rivals depth chart at DT lists Jarrett who returns, 3 seniors who will be gone (Render, Mosley-Smith, Scarpinato), and 2 redshirt sophomores at the bottom: Moody and Taleni. Both sophomores are smaller than Dintino, Moody was also a 3* recruit, but Taleni was 2*. Moody got offers from majors Purdue, Rutgers, and Syracuse; Taleni's only other major offer was Washington State. If Dintino has the ability to be our starting DT for a couple years, why is he behind these guys?
4) More generally: Any thoughts on what type of position we're in at DT beyond this year, especially other than Jarrett? Any major conference team can put some big DT's on the field, but do we have any real reason for optimism with the younger guys at the position?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

He switched his numbed to 84 & started lining up at TE the last few weeks. I'd love to see him & Mike Herndon beside Jarrett, but it appears as if the new staff views them as better fits on the offensive side.

If Price doesn't get a 6th year, the NCAA will officially become a huge joke. With all the loopholes they have to get players to transfer an immediately playing, it would be absolutely ridiculous to not grant him another year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT