ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Calzada

So you think Jimbo feels good about going into next year with King, Johnson, and a true freshman?

I think Jimbo thinks Calzada sucks. Because he does. And the post-season convo he had with Calzada caused Calzada to pack his bags.

I think Jimbo thinks Calzada sucks. Because he does. And the post-season convo he had with Calzada caused Calzada to pack his bags.
Weird, A&M fans think he will be the 3rd NFL QB to transfer from their school.

A&M fans spent the entire season defending Jimbo by stating there’s nothing he could do with such a bad QB.
Well, Jimbo targeted Calzada & obviously had nobody any better to play this year. Calzada is no worse than Kellen Mond was at any point through his junior year at A&M.

Calzada sure isn't anywhere close to being good enough to be handed the starting job next year. In fact, I'd say it's almost a certainty that he would go into the season either 2nd, or most likely 3rd on the depth chart. He's a smart kid & knows the situation. Not to mention, I think he had a spat with some fans on social media recently.

I still don't think that means Jimbo told him to hit the door. Serviceable back up QBs that can give you a chance to win are a necessity in today's game. And Calzada is certainly better than serviceable.

Well, Jimbo targeted Calzada & obviously had nobody any better to play this year. Calzada is no worse than Kellen Mond was at any point through his junior year at A&M.

Calzada sure isn't anywhere close to being good enough to be handed the starting job next year. In fact, I'd say it's almost a certainty that he would go into the season either 2nd, or most likely 3rd on the depth chart. He's a smart kid & knows the situation. Not to mention, I think he had a spat with some fans on social media recently.

I still don't think that means Jimbo told him to hit the door. Serviceable back up QBs that can give you a chance to win are a necessity in today's game. And Calzada is certainly better than serviceable.

He graded out as one of the two worst QBs in the SEC.

How much worse do you want him to be before he’s no longer serviceable?

I think Jimbo told him that they would be bringing in another experienced QB to go along with him and King to challenge for the starting role.

And Calzada took that for exactly what it means: you did not play well this year, and won’t be the starter next year.

And so he left.

Max Johnson wasn’t told that, “hey, I have a returning starter that I really like. So you should transfer here.”

He graded out as one of the two worst QBs in the SEC.

How much worse do you want him to be before he’s no longer serviceable?

I think Jimbo told him that they would be bringing in another experienced QB to go along with him and King to challenge for the starting role.

And Calzada took that for exactly what it means: you did not play well this year, and won’t be the starter next year.

And so he left.

Max Johnson wasn’t told that, “hey, I have a returning starter that I really like. So you should transfer here.”
Let's not get in to QB ratings. Going by those, Stetson Bennett grades out higher than Bryce Young. Not sure anybody in their right mind would dare make that argument.

We are basically saying the same thing, except I don't think near as bad as you want to make him out to be. He had only thrown 24 passes going into this year. He has some ability. He's a work in progress. He was serviceable enough to give the Aggies a chance to beat Alabama.

Let's not get in to QB ratings. Going by those, Stetson Bennett grades out higher than Bryce Young. Not sure anybody in their right mind would dare make that argument.

No he doesn’t. Young is one of PFF’s 4 highest graded QBs in the country. It’s Young, Pickett, Armstrong, and the last name escapes me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT