ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Smith

He has info on a trip to the strip club with fellow coach Tom Herman from 2014, and he will spill the beans. Anxious to hear about that.

Edit: I think the breaking news was that they were at a strip club in 2014. Hmmm, I was expecting something a little juicier then that.

His lawyer cannot be happy. If his side is true you can understand him wanting to come out and defend himself.

Reactions: freddietee511
I have to say this.....what he did hitting his wife was obviously inexcusable. And he seemed to be a serial abuser. But we also in society seem to hold our football coaches more accountable than our teachers, than our clergy, than our law enforcement, than our elected officials, than our President. And that is especially inexcusable.

What he did today, using his kids and blaming McMurphy for their pain might be the most heinous of all the things he’s done (allegedly)

What he did today, using his kids and blaming McMurphy for their pain might be the most heinous of all the things he’s done (allegedly)
What did he really think he was going to gain by his tweets today? Not a good look for him. Less is better in this situation.

No tweet in the world is going to change the court of public opinion. Btw, is the fact him and Herman went to strip club in ‘14 really a big deal?

What did he really think he was going to gain by his tweets today? Not a good look for him. Less is better in this situation.

No tweet in the world is going to change the court of public opinion. Btw, is the fact him and Herman went to strip club in ‘14 really a big deal?

He’s a sociopath. Can’t make sense of people like that.

Do we actually know that Zach Smith abused his wife?
well she says he did and the guy lost his job because of the accusations and will basically never get re-hired again so if he did, he got what he deserved but if he didn't, he has a heck of a lawsuit coming where he'll never have to work again..

guess we'll find out

Yes, he used university's money.

Obviously, grown men can go to a strip club. When you do, use your own money, pretty obvious.

Yes, he used university's money.

Obviously, grown men can go to a strip club. When you do, use your own money, pretty obvious.
Ok, yeah and you aren’t allowed to expense a beer at dinner on a sales trip either. A company no-no but he sold this story like it was some smoking gun that was going to bring down the house. You think these coaches on recruiting road trips go straight back to hotel and to bed on these visits?

Ok, yeah and you aren’t allowed to expense a beer at dinner on a sales trip either. A company no-no but he sold this story like it was some smoking gun that was going to bring down the house. You think these coaches on recruiting road trips go straight back to hotel and to bed on these visits?

I really have no idea. I would assume it is like any other profession. I travel well over 100 days a year for business. I am happily married and dont go to strip clubs, but if I did, I certainly wouldnt charge my company for it. Just like if I went kayaking, or some other entertainment alone or with colleagues (not customers). Personal expense. If you charge your company for it, great, but most all engineering type professions would never allow such an expense, and it would look bad for you if you even tried it.

By the way, we are allowed to expense beer, wine, drinks at dinner, and most of the companies/government I worked for allow this. I think only one did not.

I really have no idea. I would assume it is like any other profession. I travel well over 100 days a year for business. I am happily married and dont go to strip clubs, but if I did, I certainly wouldnt charge my company for it. Just like if I went kayaking, or some other entertainment alone or with colleagues (not customers). Personal expense. If you charge your company for it, great, but most all engineering type professions would never allow such an expense, and it would look bad for you if you even tried it.

By the way, we are allowed to expense beer, wine, drinks at dinner, and most of the companies/government I worked for allow this. I think only one did not.
well I don't think anyone on this planet is going to use their company card at a strip club. not a huge fan but I recall my few times, strip clubs are a cash business, the girls usually don't let you slide the credit card.. well never mind..

my point here is this guy sold this story as some sort of "gotcha" story when in in all honesty, no one really cares. the story wasnt that they tried to get tosu to pay for it, the story was thest two went to a strip club while on a recruiting trip. again, after hours, on the road and well, it's not really a story. im sure coach herman didn't try to get reimbursed the one dollar bills he was stuffing in the G-strings or the lap dances, I doubt he turned in an expense report when he got back to his office.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
well I don't think anyone on this planet is going to use their company card at a strip club. not a huge fan but I recall my few times, strip clubs are a cash business, the girls usually don't let you slide the credit card.. well never mind..

my point here is this guy sold this story as some sort of "gotcha" story when in in all honesty, no one really cares. the story wasnt that they tried to get tosu to pay for it, the story was thest two went to a strip club while on a recruiting trip. again, after hours, on the road and well, it's not really a story. im sure coach herman didn't try to get reimbursed the one dollar bills he was stuffing in the G-strings or the lap dances, I doubt he turned in an expense report when he got back to his office.

Yeah, I agree with that

had a complete meltdown on Twitter today.
Isn't that what people do on Twitter?
I read these "tweets" and it seems to me like he has some points he wants to make and some questions he wants to ask.
So that is what he did.
Really, is this any different than any of the media coverage...apart from the fact that this is social media as opposed to traditional media outlets?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT