ADVERTISEMENT

Zero for 11 throwing to Means

In hindsight, WR was a glaring weakness for this team heading into the season. Means is athletic but not a good football player at all.

Reactions: 303vND
In hindsight, WR was a glaring weakness for this team heading into the season. Means is athletic but not a good football player at all.
Means had some major mistakes early last season. I thought he ended the year strong.

I understand he had a great spring.

I fully expected him to be our best receiver. It still might happen, particularly if his separation starts to get rewarded.

Reactions: 303vND
Means had some major mistakes early last season. I thought he ended the year strong.

I fully expected him to be our best receiver. It still might happen, particularly if his separation gets rewarded.

I hope so. I’ve yet to see enough catching, coordination, body control, or agility. Certainly has the speed.

Means has shown a lot in his time here. A lot of wasted targets. He reminds me of Jonathan Baldwin's last season. Looks like Tarzan catches like Jane.

I fully expected him to be our best receiver. It still might happen, particularly if his separation starts to get rewarded.
What separation? Not tonight. Maybe last week. He was blanketed tonight. And we didnt run him on any deep vertical routes that I recall.

He runs poor routes, doesn’t catch contested balls, and doesn’t use his head.

Maybe that’s why Tennessee tried to make him a DB his freshman year.

Reactions: NCanton Panther
I bought the hype. I knew at the start of 22 season that 23 would be a transition season, but I was hoodwinked. 6-7 wins

I fell that he could have made a few catches, but in my opinion the attempts he received were not very good play calls. Phil needs some work, yes, the WR's left some on the field as well, I agree, but the play calling looked like what we used to do as kids on the playground. I was willing to give Cignetti some time this year, but his play calling and feel for the game is just terrible. How many 2nd and longs do you just try to throw it up and don't get it and now you are in a 3rd and long situation, instead of chipping away and picking up a few to make 3rd downs manageable. They still could have won this game regardless of how bad they played, that is what makes it even more frustrating.

Reactions: gary2
When Nards was asked late in fall camp about the WR room and he made a lukewarm comment like they have good days and bad days, that said a lot.

And they continuously praised the freshman more than the upper class guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT