ADVERTISEMENT

10 seed - Last 4 byes - Lunardi & Gasaway update

SteelBowl70

Redshirt
Mar 12, 2016
ESPN update after midnight have Pitt as a 10 seed at the top of the last 4 bye category. If you have access to John Gasaway’s insider article, it’s clear that the fact Pitt “had a shot in the air to win the conference” meant a lot to Pitt’s positioning. “Something unexpected will have to happen for the Panthers to miss the NCAA tournament”.

Last edited:
Yep. Not a bad consolation for a 10 seed if it happens. I’m now of the mindset that if they can’t beat FSU or GT on a neutral site they deserve NIT. Win that and no repercussions for losing to Duke on the road.

Reactions: kma0043
ESPN update after midnight have Pitt as a 10 seed at the top of the last 4 bye category. If you have access to John Gasaway’s insider article, it’s clear that the fact Pitt “had a shot in the air to win the conference” meant a lot to Pitt’s positioning. “Something unexpected will have to happen for the Panthers to miss the NCAA tournament”.
I agree with this. I think we’ve done enough. Of course I am prejudiced.

Not sure why everyone thinks we needed another win. How exactly is winning another quad 3 game on Wednesday and then losing in the quarterfinals any better than getting the double bye and losing the first game in the quarterfinals?

We are now in a position where we have to win Wednesday or else it will be another bad q3 loss. In terms of resume it does nothing to build it

Not sure why everyone thinks we needed another win. How exactly is winning another quad 3 game on Wednesday and then losing in the quarterfinals any better than getting the double bye and losing the first game in the quarterfinals?

We are now in a position where we have to win Wednesday or else it will be another bad q3 loss. In terms of resume it does nothing to build it
It isn't that a Q3 win would help.... it is that a Q3 loss will be very damaging.

It isn't that a Q3 win would help.... it is that a Q3 loss will be very damaging.
Yeah but 7 or 8 seed lines? Obviously you have to account for other teams but no other team seems to fall that far with those losses. I’ve watched UNM take several bad losses and not fall at that rate fkr an individual game

Last edited:
I think Pitt needs to win 2 games. A win Wednesday doesn’t help and a loss Thursday doesn’t hurt. But the problem is that other teams in conferences judged tougher than the ACC will also go 1-1, but that will move them up a little. Miss St, Wisconsin, WVU for example. In addition, there will be a few bid stealers, so the line will move a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT