ADVERTISEMENT

10 tight ends --- why?

djbpitt

Sophomore
Jun 28, 2001
Considering how infrequently they're used in the passing game, why are there 10 tight ends on the roster. Presumably, some of them will end up as linemen I guess?

Considering how infrequently they're used in the passing game, why are there 10 tight ends on the roster. Presumably, some of them will end up as linemen I guess?
Because many were bitching about Tim Salem not being able to recruit tight ends. So Tim decided, "Ok, you want tight ends? I'll show you tight ends, muhfuggers!"

4 of them are Super Seniors and don’t count against the 85. There are really 5 on ‘ship by my count moving forward and at least 1 or 2 will either transfer or move positions.

Because most of them can't play and they add up when you just keep throwing a Bandaid on the situation. Now we have us an entire box.

It's basically Krull.... then skip four years of eligibility to this freshman class. The only one in between who will probably contribute is Wright, but I don't believe he is much of a blocker/traditional tight end. I said it in a different thread, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see our tight end count be at four or five next year.

im always happy to jump into this thread and discuss the lunacy of having 10 ships devoted to the least significant position in football. BUT, like someone else said, 4 will be moving on after this fall and the numbers arent that bad with some nice disparity..

think Wright can maybe be more of an h back type too since he doesnt seem like someone who can have their hand in the dirt and block a DE.

But it's not 10 ships. Several don't count against the 85 limit. There are probably 6 that count against the 85 when including the new commit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT