ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Pitt Bball Season Post Mortem

jlazinger

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
I don't know if I'm doing this to make myself feel better or because this board serves as therapy sometimes but here are some thoughts now that this dumpster fire is over.
  • I'll start by saying I am constantly proven wrong that it was time for Jamie to go. I was spoiled and I now regret it.
  • I also cannot believe that we would have been better off keeping Stallings. We thought we hit rock bottom but we seem to be there now instead.
  • Capel's biggest failing was not being able to keep his recruits on his team. While I realize X and Trey haven't been world beaters, X is a starter on a tourney team and Toney was probably the biggest loss of the three. We will never know the full story but I imagine these kids were probably tired of being punished by someone with no accountability himself.
  • We got blown out of the water so bad at the end of the year that the what if's really aren't an excuse. I do think having Horton and Sibande would have made a difference in a few games but in the best case scenario we are probably 15-17 which would still be 4 for 4 on losing seasons for Capel.
  • I feel worst for Gueye because he proved he could play at this level but we wasted his surprise season.
  • Our biggest hope for next year is keeping Hughley, Sibande, Gueye, Odukale, Burton, Santos, Horton, and Jeffress and adding in at least one transfer and one high school kid. Fill out the rest of the roster with BPA.
  • I still can't believe that we were 11-16 and lost all 5 of our last games, 4 in blowout fashion.
  • We all knew Capel would be back. I don't know where anyone thought $17MM was coming from for a buyout. Even if it was negotiated down to $12MM, that's still way too much. I gave $350 last year to Pitt football and $0 to bball. I imagine we probably don't even scratch $1MM on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News