ADVERTISEMENT

2024-25 Schedule Thread

I heard that SMF put in a ton of the leg work behind the scenes on this one. Thanks for sharing your NET cheat sheet with Heather, mate!

I heard that SMF put in a ton of the leg work behind the scenes on this one. Thanks for sharing your NET cheat sheet with Heather, mate!

Yep. They definitely read this board and take my advice. I LOVE this game and LOVE that its on the road where you get an unbalanced NET advantage. OSU, being in the Big Ten will very likely have a Top 75 NET so this is a Q1 opportunity. 3 hours from Pittsburgh, I'll be there and if its on the weekend, maybe 1000-2000 Pitt fans.

This is exactly the type of game we need. Its one of the teams I said we should play, maybe even in this thread. Now, we need 1 more. How about a neutral site game in Hershey vs Maryland, Rutgers, Nova, SHU?

Texas State added. Decent add for cupcake. Sun Belt teams have the potential to have an ok NET.

2 more to go.

Duquesne?

Capel said the schedule is done except for 1 game. They are waiting to see if they have an ACC game on December 21. If not, sounds like they will schedule a cupcake then. So that means there is one more game that is done but not announced. Could that be Duquesne? Maybe waiting for the best time to announce and do a joint press conference or whatever?

Capel said the schedule is done except for 1 game. They are waiting to see if they have an ACC game on December 21. If not, sounds like they will schedule a cupcake then. So that means there is one more game that is done but not announced. Could that be Duquesne? Maybe waiting for the best time to announce and do a joint press conference or whatever?
Not a chance on Duquesne. It will be a flexible cream puff likely with a 300+ net

Not a chance on Duquesne. It will be a flexible cream puff likely with a 300+ net

Maybe not but there's one game that has been booked but not announced. Maybe that game is vs Central Connecticut State and nobody bothered to tell Rothstein but maybe they are also waiting for the perfect time to do the Pitt/Duq press conference.

Reactions: VincePITT
Detroit and/or Texas St could both go by the wayside in OOC depending how acc schedules the pre new years conference games.

Detroit board speculating we may play them on 12/21 if we don’t have an ACC game that day.

I am honestly shocked Detroit had a message board. They seriously may have the smallest fanbase in D1. Remember last year when they broke their losing streak and their "fan" rushed the floor. No idea how they look next year but that sounds like a NET 300 team and as we know, your non-con SOS is the most important thing that they look at.

Murray State added for Nov 8th.

Had to do a quick double take twice… thought will wade and mcneese were coming to town when I first read it.

Good OOC game imo

Murray State added for Nov 8th.

Had to do a quick double take twice… thought will wade and mcneese were coming to town when I first read it.

Good OOC game imo

I like the idea of Murray State. Good program but has struggled a bit stepping up to the MVC. Not sure I like this for Game 2 though. Dont know who they have but I'd prefer to start with one of those 300 NETs we like to play. Beating Murray State by 10 because we are rusty and them going on to have a bad season wont be good.

Looks like this completes the schedule though with Detroit rumored for Dec 21. No Duquesne which is disappointing. Not that I care to see that "rivalry" but it should be a good NET game now.

Non Conference schedule vs last year

Per torvik

Teams ranked in the national top 50

2023-1
2024-2, potentially 3 with an LSU win

Teams ranked in the national top 100

2023-1
2024-4, potentially 5 with an LSU win or loss

Teams ranked in the national top 150

2023-3
2024-5, potentially 6 with an LSU win or loss

Road games

2023- 1
2024-2

Neutral Games

2023-2
2024-2

Teams ranked 250+ or worse

2023- 5
2024-3

This schedule is significantly better on paper than last year. And if we get out of it with 1 loss or less, we should be rewarded for it.

Reactions: PITT 76
Schedule complete.

Its Sam Houston State, not Texas State. And Gardner-Webb. Exhibition vs Point Park.

On Point Park, I always felt that they'd end up in D1 somehow, like in the NEC. They seem to ambitious to grow that school. They'd need a gym though. They play at CCAC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT