ADVERTISEMENT

24/25 Lineup + Transfer Speculation (Coming and Going)

125- Transfer(not sure who’s available)
133- Vince Santaniello
141- Anthony Santaniello
149- Finn Soloman
157- Dylan Evans/Keslar
165- Grant McKay
174- Luca Augustine
184- Holden Heller
197-Max Stout
HWT- Dayton Pitzer
Depending on the coaches confidence level at 57 or 65 they might bring in a transfer for one of those areas too. Not sure, but pretty much a very similar lineup. That’s why these guys have got to adapt and adjust their styles or it’s going to be the same results over again.

Camacho back?

Has a year left. His record took a step back from prior years. 125 might have become too challenging for him to maintain.

He did walk with the seniors. I think he might have a year back, but I’m tired of Pitt not having a national qualifier. We gotta come up with something better and you’re absolutely right considering that he graduated high school wrestling 132 it’s been 125 for six years.

That back half of 174 and up should be pretty solid. I didn't know the one Heller is back. That is big

Any weight that doesn’t qualify for nationals should be heavily looked at in the portal. Unless a blue chip recruit is waiting in the wings should be standard procedure. As of right now Mcconagle is probably top transfer in the portal. 133 I like Vinnie a lot but I’d look at any option to upgrade

Camacho has shown the ability to get big wins but let’s be real. Had multiple chances to qualify and hasn’t succeeded. Time to move on

Reactions: Silkky1982
I know a guy who’s obviously been injured, but I would try to pluck Robbie Howard because he ain’t gonna see time especially with Luke Lilledahl coming into the lineup next year and Braden Davis, so he is lost in the depth chart and I think he’s worth the risk or try to somehow pluck Vinny Kilkeary from Ohio State since they got McCrone and they also have Devino coming in probably none of that will happen, but just wishful thinking lol

Reactions: lucac and Chaos
the issue with 125 in the portal is that most teams r looking at 125 in the portal. It is the hardest weight to fill and guys often move up during their careers (or have injury troubles) so every team is looking for at least more depth at the weight.

Reactions: Chaos
Good info, i’m sure if Camacho does decide to come back which is not close to 100%, would probably wrestle Santaniello at 133

Reactions: bwh05
There is a strong 125 transfer who will most likely be coming to Pitt. Not sure of RS capabilities. I am hoping my boy improves enough to be the starter. 1 or two recruits can make 125 also. Not sure of other transfers, but dont see Camacho wanting to hold 125 another year.
Thank you for sharing

Reactions: jctrack
Dean Hamiti(165lb) from Wisconsin entered the transfer portal. The rich will be getting richer lol.

I wonder if guys like Eddie ventresca from V-Tech would enter the portal, he’s got two years of eligibility left and he already redshirted due to being behind Cooper Flynn who’s going to be a junior. so I wonder if somebody like that would go in the portal and that’s the kind of wrestler I would be chasing after somebody with already success that unfortunately got behind a stud.

Reactions: persp
So I’m just getting into Pitt wrestling. I should have been for a long time but my son is 7, just had his third full wrestling season, and has done extremely well.

Having said that, what’s Pitts problems? I know the facilities currently suck. But will look to
Improve. Is Gavin not up for the job.

Prime example as my son goes to Young Guns. Vinny Kilkeary. From Latrobe. 3 times PIAA champ. Why can’t they pull a talent like that? I would think Gavin would be in Jody and John’s ear about these studs coming through Young Guns?

Just curious.

157 is going to likely be Evans or Keslar. Grant MacKay is the guy at 165. I doubt they bring in a transfer unless it is a surefire high impact guy. Maybe a 165/174 depth option because they are very thin there.

He beat stanich from Lehigh in the state finals 2 years ago, and he reached all-American. But for anybody who comes in I think they might need to be told that if they’re offense diminishes, they will have their scholarship revoked lol.

• Haha
Reactions: persp and Chaos
Saldate probably was the most dominating wrestler I have seen in the California HS championships for at least a decade. More dominant than Rickey Figueroa in my opinion.

I was shocked when he picked MSU and I think that decision has cost him dearly. I watched him on video in the Big Ten championships and it looked like he has regressed since HS. I’m not sure that right now any of the top schools are looking for a reclamation project.

Saldate probably was the most dominating wrestler I have seen in the California HS championships for at least a decade. More dominant than Rickey Figueroa in my opinion.

I was shocked when he picked MSU and I think that decision has cost him dearly. I watched him on video in the Big Ten championships and it looked like he has regressed since HS. I’m not sure that right now any of the top schools are looking for a reclamation project.
To be fair, he was beating up on guys like Tyler Badgett in HS. Thats who he beat in state finals senior year. Cali didnt have any competition that year. I also believe that MSU was his best or near best offer

Peyton Askey(157lb) is transfer portal from App State. Went 3-2 at nationals, lost to Peyton Robb in blood round

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT