ADVERTISEMENT

#25 Duquesne @ unranked Pitt

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Can Pitt pull the upset Monday?

Pitt's RPI is still solid at 24 while Duquesne is 49. I'd expect a Pitt win but it wont be 7-0 like last year. Duquesne appears to be a legit good mid-major, which isnt near Pitt quality but enough to make things interesting possibly.

Big game at VT before that. VT is 0-5 in the ACC but Pitt hasn't won in a month and doesn't win on grass very often.

I don’t know what happened to VT, really Fallin off. The UVA loss pretty much sent them into a spiral of poor results.
Pitt sure as hell better not drop a game to Duquesne.

Last edited:
I don’t know what happened to VT, really Fallon off. The UVA loss pretty much sent them into a spiral of poor results.
Pitt sure as hell better not drop a game to Duquesne.
Funny thing is the game at last place VT is tougher than #25 Duquesne but that's rankings for you. The way people rank teams is one of my 10 biggest pet peeves.

• Haha
Reactions: LVNVPanther
Last week was another one of those really dumb weeks for the pollsters. Pitt was 25. They tied 23 Clemson and then tied 10 Denver. Those results moved Pitt out of the top 25, but were good enough for Clemson and Denver that Clemson moved up to 18 and Denver moved up to 8.

Meanwhile, Duquesne had another week where they tied a team that has won two games all season, and they went from essentially 28 to 25. It is as if the voters don't pay any attention to the actual results at all. And since there's only 8 of them, just one or two people making stupid votes can really skew things, especially at the bottom end of the 25.

Last week was another one of those really dumb weeks for the pollsters. Pitt was 25. They tied 23 Clemson and then tied 10 Denver. Those results moved Pitt out of the top 25, but were good enough for Clemson and Denver that Clemson moved up to 18 and Denver moved up to 8.

Meanwhile, Duquesne had another week where they tied a team that has won two games all season, and they went from essentially 28 to 25. It is as if the voters don't pay any attention to the actual results at all. And since there's only 8 of them, just one or two people making stupid votes can really skew things, especially at the bottom end of the 25.
Denver was good. All Americans too from what I can tell. They might be a darkhorse pick to win it all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT